Alltel Cell Phone Rebates  » Cellular services  »
2.0
  • After my first 2 year contract, I decided to try out another service, Suncom

• by Sandee Foxten
      I have been an Alltel customer for probably about 10 years now. My very first cell phone was with Allteland the service was really great. After my first 2 year contract, I decided to try out another service, Suncom.

I hated every moment with Suncom and went back to Alltel as quickly as I could. Right now, having been a return customer for nearly 6 years, I am not that satisfied with their service.

Actually, I hate it. There are many spots in my area

I cannot get service.

I live in a county that has alot of rural areas and small towns. Basically, if you aren’t in one of the bigger cities in the county, you won’t have service.

Another thing I find very aggitating with Alltel, and this is probably the case with all cell phone companies, is the policy that says you have to sign a 2 year contract to get a new phone at the advertised price. Not only that, but the thing I hate even ...

• more is the rebates.

I hate mail-in-rebates! I want the phone for the advertised price, without having to go through the hassle of mailing in rebates. We are talking lots of money, sometimes $100 or more.

This is what prevents me from buying the phone I really want. Why can’t the company just sell it to a customer for that price and then they can send the rebate to the manufacturer and get reimbursed.

Of course the answer is obvious. manufacturers make money this way

because many people never claim the rebates within the alloted time.

Why do I stay with Alltel? Because I am trapped. I have two phones on the account and each contract runs out one year apart instead of two.

Also, all my family is on Alltel. So,with free mobile-to mobile, I would end up paying for more minutes if I changed providers.

I still do not like the service and I figure living in a rural area, any cell phone provider will probably be just as bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221705163890131/k2311a0517/5.17.07