Forever Television Show  » TV  »
  • I don’t want to ruin anymore of the plot of the show for those who have not seen it, but I have to say that I like it quite a lot
  • I think that I would prefer them to just be friends because it would add more to the show to have them both turning to each other for guidance as the seek other partners
  • I definitely recommend it to others, but I do think that those who have never seen it before should watch the episodes that they missed so that they can understand Dr. Morgan’s past (I don’t want to reveal too much in this review) and how it effects his future
  • The only thing about this show that I don't like is that it is on kind of late at night

• by Jennifer Davis

This fall one of the television shows that I was determined to watch was a showed called Forever. Forever is the story of Dr. Henry Morgan who is played by Ioan Gruffudd (whom I liked since I first saw him as Mr. Fantastic in the Fantastic Four trilogy). Henry Morgan is a smart but slight eccentric medical examiner in New York City that owes a good portion of his intelligence to the fact that he never dies (well he does but he always reawakens in a nearby body of water). He has been alive for over 200 years and constantly moves to a new place after he “dies”.

I don’t

want to ruin anymore of the plot of the show for those who have not seen it, but I have to say that I like it quite a lot. It is funny, particularly the interaction between Dr. Morgan and Detective Martinez (played excellently by Alana de la Garza). Detective Martinez is a tough New York City Detective who finds herself in awe of Dr. Morgan’s knowledge but also finds him somewhat out of touch, egotistical, eccentric and annoying.

Personally, I expected this show to be like Bones but it isn’t. It has a plot and humor that is all its own. I also liked that the show follows a pattern. Each episode clearly moves along from the previous one and doesn’t leave me wondering what happened between episodes. That being said, I did miss a couple episodes and I had to go back and watch them to see what I missed.

I love how charming this show is. The relationship between Dr. Morgan and Detective Martinez reminds me of two best friends that both like each other as more but are too afraid to make the leap to a relationship. I can’t decide if I want them to have a relationship, or if I would prefer them to still be close friends. I think that I would prefer them to just ...

• Forever Television Show
      be friends because it would add more to the show to have them both turning to each other for guidance as the seek other partners. I think that Dr. Morgan and Detective Martinez could totally pull off a brother/sister type relationship since they both seem to like to try and outsmart the other.

This show is an excellent addition to my fall show schedule and I will continue watching it. I definitely recommend it to others, but I do think that those who have never seen it before should watch the episodes that they missed so that they can understand Dr. Morgan’s past (I don’t want to reveal too much

in this review) and how it effects his future.

I definitely recommend this show. It is a drama, but it is also a comedy and the cast all have such great chemistry that everyone fits together.

The only thing about this show that I don’t like is that it is on kind of late at night. It doesn’t come on until 10 pm on Tuesdays and since I have to be up at 5 to prepare for work, I don’t get to sleep until at least 11:30. I do wish that it came on around 8 or even 9, 10 pm is just a little too late for me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1016101638710431/k2311a1016/10.16.14