2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox
  • I collect coins as a hobby and the 2013, fine silver, Arctic fox coin is definitely an exquisite piece in my collection
  • The certifcate of authenticity includes information about the Arctic fox, which I really enjoyed reading because it seemed to give the coin more meaning
  • I bought this coin for just under a $100, however the design and the limited, 8500 mintage, made the price worth it
  • I would recommend this coin to anyone interested in Canada's wildlife and wants a coin that beautifully combines Canada's winter with the elegance of the Arctic fox or for anyone that would like to give a wonderful gift

by Mango

I collect coins as a hobby and the 2013, fine silver, Arctic fox coin is definitely an exquisite piece in my collection. I purchased the Arctic fox coin from an authorized dealer of coins made by the Royal Canadian Mint.

The coin comes in a maroon box (reminiscent of a small jewellery box). Inside the box is a certificate of authenticity that verifies that the coin I purchased is indeed authentic. The certifcate of authenticity includes information about the Arctic fox, which I really enjoyed reading because it seemed to give the coin more meaning. The coin itself is in the hollowed out portion of the velvet interior of the box and is encased in a transparent, protective case that matches its shape. The coin is quite large (40mm diameter) but it is this size that allows the design of the coin to be visible and intricate. I picked this particular coin because the image on the coin appears to be more of a carving rather than a stamped image, which to me made it all the more intriguing. The Arctic fox is displayed in two shades of silver in the foreground. In the background there are dashes, dots, and wiggles in four different shades of silver that represent sunshine reflecting off of snow.

I held the coin under bright light and was overjoyed to see how one shade of silver reflected the light in such a way that the fox seemed to almost come out of the coin and made its eyes look alive. Etched on the outer edge of the coin is an inscription, ‘VULPES LAGOPUS’, which is the Latin name of the Arctic Fox. It is a lovely coin, for sure.

• 2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox
  • This is a picture of the 2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox, along with its certificate of authenticity and information about the species.

• 2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox
  • This is what an Arctic fox looks like. Compare it to the image of the fox on the coin in the next picture and notice how regal it appears.

• 2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox
  • A closer look at the 2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox.

• 2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox
  • The coin in its Maroon box. The Maroon box comes with the coin, free of charge.

• 2013 $20 Fine Silver Coin Untamed Canada: The Arctic Fox
  • This symbol will be on the certificate of authenticity.

• Every piece of this coin was designed to be pleasing to the eye. I bought this coin for just under a $100, however the design and the limited, 8500 mintage, made the price worth it. This coin is perfect and I’m glad that I bought it. I would recommend this coin to anyone interested in Canada’s wildlife and wants a coin that beautifully combines Canada’s winter with the elegance of the Arctic fox or for anyone that would like to give a wonderful gift.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4630091638570130/k2311a0930/9.30.14