Macbook Pro 13  » Laptops  »
  • The setup of the computer is fairly easily, and I really enjoyed how the Mac only asks for the basics and allows you to skip over things you don't necessarily need
  • However, after just a few days I was already comfortable with the layout (and, frankly, I like it better than my old PC computers
  • First was the fact that is is so speedy - pages load in less than a second, which is amazing
  • You can also get onto iTunes or iBooks easily and listen to your music or read the books you've purchased on your phone on the computer, which I love

• by Caitlin

I first picked up a Macbook Pro with a 13″ Retina Display in May 2014. After unboxing it, the items that came with it (computer, charger, stickers, and startup manual) were neatly placed and had no scratches, so it started off well!

The setup of the computer is fairly easily, and I really enjoyed how the Mac only asks for the basics and allows you to skip over things you don’t necessarily need. After booting it up, I was initially a bit confused as I had never owned a Mac computer before and had to try to get used to the layout. However,

after just a few days I was already comfortable with the layout (and, frankly, I like it better than my old PC computers!)

The computer also charges quite quickly and lasts a long time when unplugged, so it is great for on-the-go! As I got used to my new laptop, there were a few things that stood out to me. First was the fact that is is so speedy - pages load in less than a second, which is amazing! Secondly, I noticed that the Retina Display certainly lives up to its reputation of being an amazing quality screen. When comparing the screen of my Mac to other people’s computers, it is very clear that my screen is much more bright and clear - very high quality!

When connecting other Apple products, like my iPhone, it recognizes them immediately and enables me to quickly transfer photos from my devices onto the computer to share online and/or clear my devices of clutter. I love that feature! It is much more difficult on a PC to transfer your photos!

Another thing that other computers cannot offer you is the ability to connect your phone number and iTunes account to the computer, and be able to text message or ...

• Macbook Pro 13
      Facetime people from the computer! That is an amazing feature for when I am away from a phone - it is quick and easy to stay in touch even when you’re phoneless! You can also get onto iTunes or iBooks easily and listen to your music or read the books you’ve purchased on your phone on the computer, which I love!

Finally, one more thing about the Mac. At first, I was hesitant about the fact that the Mac did not come with the Microsoft features such as Word and Powerpoint. However, the Mac versions (i.e. Pages and Keynote) are just as good

and can be exported as a Word or Powerpoint file, so I am able to pull up my files on other computers that do not support the Mac versions! I love that option - it is very easy and quick to do and works like a charm!

Overall, the Mac is an amazing computer. The price is a bit hefty, but if you can come up with the money, it is a great investment and will be able to last you years! I love this computer and cannot wait to continue discovering more of the very, very many features it has to offer!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6325091638511230/k2311a0925/9.25.14