Forever TV Show Episode Two: Look Before You Leap  » TV  »
  • Given that I enjoyed the very first episode, I made sure I geared up and watched the second
  • This is boarder line dangerous, because if it is dragged out too long, it could become boring, and lead to lost in viewership
  • I just hope that Forever will continue to be interesting

• by nitakb

Forever is a new TV show that is featured on the ABC network. Given that I enjoyed the very first episode, I made sure I geared up and watched the second. Now, given that I pretty much had an idea on what the show will generally will be about, I still had my curiosity set pretty high. You’ve got this two hundred year old man, whose working as a M.E in New York City, helping to solve cases with his sixth sense with death. He isn’t afraid of death, but more or less he is trying to find a way to beat it. My review will contain spoilers.

The second episode Look before you leap is about a young woman, who appeared to have committed suicide. But in reality Henry, the M.E decides that’s not a suicide but indeed a homicide. Of course given that there are witness who saw the whole thing happen, the Detectives that are working the case are

of course skeptical.

Detective Jo, who is now forming this new friendship with Henry, decides reluctantly look in to it even though she is told not to, and because Henry hasn’t been wrong about anything just yet. So Detective Jo and Henry, begin following leads, piecing together suspects and of course the motive.

On the flip side of episode that isn’t about the solving of a murder, there is the creepy man that is acting like a stalker toward Henry. He has been following Henry’s moves since apparently the very beginning. This unknown man is apparently just like him, and can’t die. It’s also revealed that the man is like two thousand years old and wants to be called Adam. Which is downright creepy in my opinion. I mean beside the fact that this man is taunting Henry, trying to get his attention, to figure out who he is. There is not one but two people, who are apparently immortal.

This bring me to my next point, just how many people are going to be like Henry? Is there like this secret society of people that are running around, living their endless lives until something happens like getting killed or murdered? They don’t just die of old age, since Henry is forever thirty five, but is in fact over a hundred years old. I mean the creepy man that is basically stalking Henry, doesn’t sound old when he calling him on the phone. But why wait until now? Is the unnamed man starting to get lonely and want someone to shoot the breeze with?

I can’t help but again think of the Mentalist. In that show there’s Patrick Jane and Red John. I don’t know If Henry will become obsessed and start acting even more weirder than he is already portrayed to be. I feel like the writers might take that road, but then they might just leave it as Henry is ...

• Forever TV Show Episode Two: Look Before You Leap
      desperate for answers and will play along until he is sick and tired.

Forever causes the viewer to ask a lot of questions. Someone of them are generally answered, and other are left unanswered which is assumed to make the viewer want to keep watching. I feel like they might drag this out for the next few episodes. Perhaps, leave us wondering in the dark for a while but still continue to give us little clues to piece the puzzle together. This is boarder line dangerous, because if it is dragged out too long, it could become boring, and lead to lost in viewership.

The episode wasn’t boring in my opinion. It didn’t feel rushed, given that the case they worked was kind straight forward and kind of ended like you would expect it to. Henry, is showing to be more of a know it all. He also is starting to have to tip around people more so to

keep them from asking too many questions. I can imagine when living in the world of technology that is ever growing it’s hard to just stay under the radar without being recognized If someone witnesses your death, and then the next morning see your sipping coffee like nothing happened will stir up some serious suspicion.

By the time the episode was over, I was still confident that I wanted to watch the next one. I will honest and say that there were some predictable parts, but hey that is with almost every show out there. But never the less it’s something for me to watch, after winding down from a long day.

I feel like, this show is worth the watch. Yes, it has some pieces that reminds you of few other shows, and their plot lines but it’s still worth the chance. I just hope that Forever will continue to be interesting.

I would recommend this show to a friend.

Jonahan says :

re : I just hope that Forever will continue to be interesting
I hope it will continue to be the greatest show on TV this autumn.
The story line is really good.

Benard Jabel says :

I am planning to watch it after reading your review, as the show sound interesting.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1025091638501230/k2311a0925/9.25.14