Snitch (2013 Film)  » Movies  »
  • There’s some action and interesting interaction in this film, nothing over done but believable enough that it pulled me to watch it intently
  • I like when I can see and feel the emotion coming from the characters
  • I enjoyed watching him on screen as the concerned father
  • In my opinion Dwayne Johnson, usually does an exceptional job in whatever role he is in
  • In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to someone who looking for a movie with a decent plot without all the extra fluff that so many movies have nowadays

• by nitakb

Snitch is a movie about a man, who goes under cover to catch drug dealers, in order to free his son from prison. He lives a well rounded life, the boss of his own business and has a happy family. Everything is going alright, until he gets a call from his ex-wife about their son being in custody. His son, got mixed up with the wrong thing and people, and now his dad is trying to find a way to get his name cleared. This includes, finding one of his employees who used to live the harder life and was a convict and paying him to help get closer to the people who are behind the real crimes, in the drug dealing. It is said to be inspired by true events.

The movie in the beginning isn’t really fast paced. You’re watching

the obviously concerned father for his eighteen year old son who might spend most of his life in prison over something he claims to not have done. He takes a chance by trusting someone who used to be in that life, and going under cover in order to help his son. He’s uneasy at first, but eventually takes on the challenge in doing what he has to do. This pulls him into the spiraling world of drugs and money, but he goes through with it.

There’s some action and interesting interaction in this film, nothing over done but believable enough that it pulled me to watch it intently. It’s an anticipated kind of action, that takes some time to get there but once it begins it happens quickly and then slows down to almost a crawl. Then it works out in the end like it’s supposed to.

There’s not all the extra that is commonly included in action movies likes these. I can commend the writers, because they a brought a good story to the table without all the fillers. Sure some movies benefits from filler scenes, but some can stand to be without them. I feel like this movie could be a great example for other writers and Directors. Sometimes the viewers just want to watch a movie without too much in between.

The acting is pretty believable also. I didn’t feel like rolling my eyes at some of the characters or throwing anything at the screen. There’s enough emotion there to tell that some serious sacrifice had taken place by his father for his son. It kind of gripped me, making me sit on the edge of my seat. I ...

• Snitch (2013 Film)
      like when I can see and feel the emotion coming from the characters. It makes watching the movie all the more enjoyable.

Dwayne Johnson does a fantastic Job acting. I enjoyed watching him on screen as the concerned father. I’m not ashamed to say that I am a big fan. In my opinion Dwayne Johnson, usually does an exceptional job in whatever role he is in. Even if the part is goofy and not worth watching, he has the character down pack. In this it is no different. Now I will be honest and say that he acted a little too tough, but hey he wanted prove that he was serious,so I can’t complain too much

I also enjoyed seeing the brief scenes of Melina Kanakaredes. I have always thought she was a good actress. Although I wish she was given

more screen time, but I was grateful for the few glimpses. But that’s just my opinion.

I can’t help but compare what I experienced with the movie to the title. I mean, I understand why it’s named that, although, unless you’re really paying attention you’d miss why it’s called that. I don’t know if I would say that I wish there would a second movie, because this story is pretty summed up all in the first movie. So a second movie might be over doing it. Unless the writers can get creative. If they do, I will happily see it. Just to see where they would take it.

In the end, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and would recommend it to someone who looking for a movie with a decent plot without all the extra fluff that so many movies have nowadays.

Snitch (2013 Film)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1125091638491230/k2311a0925/9.25.14