Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers  » Baby care  »
  • I think the exterior box should clearly say that this is not for use without padded mats or without bark so that people do not buy it without knowing this
  • I would not have purchased this slide had I known this myself, but returning it would have cost me $20 in shipping and a restocking fee from where I purchased it, so we opted to keep it and fold it regularly when we cannot watch our children to make sure they are being very safe with the slide
  • I don't imagine they can fix this problem and still have it be a foldable slide and it mentions not to allow it in the directions, but if you are thinking of buying this, you should be aware
  • I do recommend this slide to others if they have a child who is 2-4 years old and if they can watch their children well

by duckfan

The Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for kids and toddlers is designed for children ages 2 to 6 years. This is the largest slide Little Tikes makes, there is a smaller slide for toddlers. This slide is too large for most children under 18 months. When we purchased this slide we thought that it would work for our large 20 month old, but the slide is much too large for most almost 2 year olds. I would say the slide fits best with a 2.5 or 3 year old to 5 year old. We have an almost 7 year old and the slide is really too small for that child and was at 6 years.

This is a sturdy slide, but the box could give more information about placement of the slide. When you purchase this slide and read the instructions you realize it can not be used on dirt, carpet and should not be used on grass because injury can occur. Most people do not have the bark they suggest or a play mat. Typically a private home only has bark if they have a permanent play structure and not a foldable slide. I think the exterior box should clearly say that this is not for use without padded mats or without bark so that people do not buy it without knowing this. I would not have purchased this slide had I known this myself, but returning it would have cost me $20 in shipping and a restocking fee from where I purchased it, so we opted to keep it and fold it regularly when we cannot watch our children to make sure they are being very safe with the slide.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers
  • This is the stock photo. We chose this to match the other Little Tykes items we had because the colors are muted and not too garish for our yard. Putting it together is simple. You need a screw driver and two people. The ladder attaches to the base, you attach the slide to the ladder and lock the bar. It takes about 20 minutes to assemble.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers
  • As you can see the slide does not have a gentle slope. The user ends up right on the ground when sliding. A 2 year old usually slides very quickly down it and ends up on the bottom. This is a steep slide for small children. A 6 year old will land with their feet on the bottom.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers
  • This picture is after 4 months of use. The red knob on the side is faded very quickly. It was bright red when new. The rest of the slide remains true to its original color. You can see the beige bar that braces the slide. To fold, you push up on it and the ladder and slide fold together. Folding takes under 2 minutes. To set up you do the reverse. The set up is a little harder than take down as it can be hard to hook the bar onto the slot it connects with.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers
  • The base is wide enough for the slide, but if a larger child of 5 years or older or multiple children stand on the bottom two steps and lean back, the base is not wide enough to keep the slide from flipping over. I have had children other than my own do this intentionally. I don’t imagine they can fix this problem and still have it be a foldable slide and it mentions not to allow it in the directions, but if you are thinking of buying this, you should be aware.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers
  • The is what is under the red knob. We followed the directions but one side of our slide the knob will not stay on.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers
  • This shows the small metal bar the beige brace sets on.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Large Slide for Kids and Toddlers
  • This shows the slide folded. It is heavy and hard to carry, but one adult can carry it alone. This slide when folded will not fit in most closets, but it will fit well in a garage. The height when folded is around 2 feet tall.

This slide is adequate for a home that does not need a slide often. This is a great slide for grandma’s house or for infrequent use. There is a small age group that this slide will work for, and it is not cheap at $99. The directions state you cannot keep it in direct sun, so this is only for a home with storage options to store the slide when not in use. Take down and set up is not quite quick enough that one would want to do it daily. The slide weighs around 26 pounds and is cumbersome to carry. I imagine in our home we will only take it and put it away for fall and winter because it is so hard to carry. It is easy enough to drag into the shade and we do so daily to keep the plastic from wearing away.

I do recommend this slide to others if they have a child who is 2-4 years old and if they can watch their children well. The slide is easy to flip over or stand on if the child is motivated. It is not as sturdy as a permanent metal slide, but it is a nice sized slide and is easy to clean up. For $100 I feel I got my money’s worth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5415091638241230/k2311a0915/9.15.14