Mc Donald’s Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich  » Food  »
  • I decided to try out some of the newer options at Mc Donald's lately
  • This regular Quarter Pounder is my favorite sandwich on the menu so I thought I might enjoy this one
  • I enjoy the flavor of the regular Quarter Pounder meat, and I like all of the extras so this should be exactly what I would like
  • I know not every location will make these changes, but to be honest the regular Quarter Pounder is better than this
  • I do recommend you try this if you enjoy the regular Quarter Pounder and you prefer lettuce, tomato and pickles

by duckfan

I decided to try out some of the newer options at Mc Donald’s lately. I received a flyer with decent coupons in it for Mc Donald’s and it made the prices a more affordable option if I did not like the choices I made. Normally when I go to Mc Donald’s I get the same things, Mc Chicken, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, Mc Double, Cheeseburger, or Big Mac. As you can tell by what I order, I am someone quite familiar with the type of food Mc Donald’s serves. I do eat fast food regularly, once or twice a month usually as I am running errands or as it fits into our busy schedule. This review is being made by someone who likes the flavor of most Mc Donald’s options.

This regular Quarter Pounder is my favorite sandwich on the menu so I thought I might enjoy this one. It is the Quarter Pounder, but with more on it.

They take the new bakery bun they are using for their new sandwiches, use a quarter pound of meat, add mayonnaise and mustard, onions, pickles, tomatoes and mustard and use the same American Cheese as other sandwiches. All of this sounds exactly like something I would like. I enjoy the flavor of the regular Quarter Pounder meat, and I like all of the extras so this should be exactly what I would like.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • This is the sandwich, fried chicken, topped with swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, mayonnaise and tomato on a bun. This is the stock photo, it looks much larger and taller in the stock photo than my photos.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • Here is the photo when I opened the box. This is the new bun they are using on most of the premium sandwiches. I don’t care for the flavor. It is dryer than the normal bun. I much prefer the regular Quarter Pounder bun.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • This is the view when I separated the sandwich. Please note that I did not ask for extra mayonnaise. This is the standard amount they put on it. I have had a few of their new premium sandwiches and this is standard. They put a generous portion of mayonnaise on all of them. There is a tiny bit of mustard in the mayonnaise. The stock picture shows more mustard. I could not taste the mustard at all, but I see the yellow color and know it is there from the photographic evidence.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • This is the view with the bun removed. The pickles slid off as I removed the bun. The restaurant had centered the pickle better than in the photo.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • The pickles are the same ones as the standard Quarter Pounder. The onions are also the same. My lettuce was wilted and my tomato had little flavor. There were two pickles on my sandwich and one large slice of tomato.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • My cheese was unevenly melted. The edges were melted, but the center was not. You can see the onion is diced like with the standard Quarter Pounder Sandwich.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • No condiments on the bottom bun.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • The bottom view. The bun on this on the bottom looks and tastes similar to the standard Quarter Pounder bun.

• Mc Donald's Deluxe Quarter Pounder Sandwich
  • Side view. This is still with all the toppings in it. It squished almost instantly in my hand. The sandwich is not as large in real life as in their photo. Even with the tomato and lettuce, the height of this sandwich is not much larger than the standard quarter pounder.

I ordered the Deluxe Quarter Pounder and based on the photos they did not give me exactly what was advertised. The meat on the stock photo looks much nicer than what I got. I was given exactly the same patty as the regular Quarter Pounder. I have eaten enough of them to recognize it. Their photos show red onions that are sliced, but I was given diced white onions. I double checked my receipt. I ordered a Quarter Pounder Deluxe. As you can see in the photos my order did not have mustard, which was also to be included. I placed my order without asking they change anything. I have to give them a lower score than I normally would because of the lack of mustard and the substitution of white onion. I know not every location will make these changes, but to be honest the regular Quarter Pounder is better than this. I probably won’t order this again unless I have a coupon. I prefer the bun on the regular one, and my tomato was not fresh, there was too much mayonnaise and the regular one has fewer calories.

I do recommend you try this if you enjoy the regular Quarter Pounder and you prefer lettuce, tomato and pickles. You might enjoy it more than I do. It tastes nothing like a restaurant cheeseburger, but for Mc Donald’s it is not bad.

Preston says :

Well normally it’s not the companies overall fault. It’s the employees faults for not preparing the meal correctly, or at their best. If the presentation was in-adequate than the taste should prove itself. If the taste and presentation was bad, terrible, or god awful then it’s the employees fault not the entire companies.

shemetrice says :

re : I decided to try out some of the newer options at Mc Donald’s lately
I normally would get the Double Quarter, but I tried the bacon clubhouse and it was great.

Grecy says :

You gave a very detailed story with your review. Obviously, that branch of McDonald’s did not give you a fair service you deserve. Are they cross cutting with the mayonnaise and condiments, my God you deserve to have it. Me, when I am buying burger from that fast food restaurant, I check what they give to me and say my remarks but they did change it though which I irritably accept.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715091638231230/k2311a0915/9.15.14