Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table  » Baby care  »
  • I do recommend this table to people with younger children

by duckfan

This review is of the Little Tykes Brand Junior Easy Store Table. It is a picnic table designed for smaller children, aged 1-5. I do have several children and I can say that my children fit comfortably at this table beginning around 10 months and can sit at it up to 7 years. A 7 year old is the oldest child who will be able to fit onto the bench, after 7 years they do make a larger table you will need to buy.

This is a very sturdy table that holds up well to every day use. Folding and storing out of season is easy as the name suggests. In my pictures you will see how to fold it and how large it is when folded.

My review is of the current model of this table that is for sale in 2014. I purchased mine in Summer of 2013 and the same one is still being offered at the full price of $59. My table is stored out of season and still looks the same as when I purchased it, just slightly faded from the sun.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • This is the stock photo of the picnic table. As you can see it is a small table designed for preschool aged children. The colors are nice and bright, but not too bright. Little Tikes makes several pieces in the same color scheme to co ordinate with this table to keep your yard or play room in a harmonious color scheme. I really like the color tones of this table and think it is very pleasant.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • In this photo you can see the umbrella hole. The umbrella is not included in the standard package with the table, but you do have the option of purchasing one from the manufacturer. This is a nice option if you have a sunny yard. The umbrella does need to be removed before folding the table.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • This photo shows the handles on the side. There is one on each side. Some people would have trouble putting her hand on both sides and moving them, but the handle does make it easier to flip the table over and to fold it.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • This table is not very large. This photo was taken from a standard adult height. It is very short, around 18 inches from top to bottom. The benches are around 6 inches wide.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • This photo shows the black bars that lock the legs into place. To fold the table you push on the black bars and slide the blue legs in the groove toward the middle. You can see the groove in the photo as well.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • This photo is the side view of the table with the black bar unlocked and the blue legs beginning to fold.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • This is the flattest the table gets. As you can see, the legs do fit flush with the table top when folded. This table is several inches thick when folded, but it will fit in a shed, garage or closet easily.

• Little Tikes Easy Store Jr Play Table-Blue Green
  • This photo shows the blue legs almost engaged in fully locked position with the table top.

I do recommend this table to people with younger children. Assembly will take you under 5 minutes and each time you go to set it up and take it down it will take you only a couple of minutes. The process is not labeled on the table or bench so you do have to remember how to fold and un fold it, but it is fairly easy to see what is needed when you look at the table.

I find this a very sturdy table. The only times I have worried about it flipping over when a child stood on the bench were with children over the ages recommended by the manufacturer. A standard sized 6 year old can flip this, and I would not use it with children who are very violent with furniture.

My children are not violent with furniture and have not been able to break this in a year of use. I do not allow children who try to ride furniture to sit at this. I have watched children attempt to ride it and shake it, and it does begin to look wobbly, but as it did not break and that is not recommended use I do not fault the manufacturer.

I have no flaws on my table after a year of use other than mild scratches. We do lift this when we need to mow the lawn and do fold it and hit shows no evidence of use from this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5412091638211030/k2311a0912/9.12.14