Dudu Osun Black Soap
  • I believe I inherited from my mother’s side of the family, but, it’s still unnerving to deal with it
  • I love the fact that the soap is very mild, and a little bit of the soap provides enough suds to wash my entire body
  • I find myself instantly cleaning the film to avoid permanent stain

• by Shawn Tillman

Although my ethnicity is African-American, I have never used African products to resolve my skin troubles. Most of the time I resorted to using and applying conventional products that are popularly recognized to resolve skin issues. However, my attitude changed after I stumbled across Dudu Osun Black Soap. For a period of time, I would suffer from unprovoked eczema, rashes and sometimes psoriasis throughout my body.

I believe I inherited from my mother’s side of the family, but, it’s still unnerving to deal with it. The excessive itching and burning from the dry patches of skin nearly drove me crazy. I have used Dial, Dove and Aveeno

products for sensitive skin to minimize my reaction to these conditions and none of them worked to my satisfaction.

I even went as far as to soak in a bathtub full of water, milk and oatmeal to stop the inflammation, itchiness and dryness of my skin. That didn’t work either. I grew weary because nothing seemed to work and I really needed immediate relief.

That all changed after I read an article in Essence Magazine in 2006 about the benefits of black soap. As a result, I visited an African grocery store and purchased a regular bar of black soap which contained Shea Butter. After using this

soap, my skin became even more irritated because the soap had perfume in it.

So I immediately discarded the soap and went back to the same African grocery store and spoke with an African store clerk about my condition. The store clerk told me to use Dudu Osun Black Soap because it is all natural and will clear up my condition quickly. So after I purchased the soap for $3 that day I began to use it right away.

At first application of the Dudu Osun Black Soap to my skin, I felt irritated for at least a minute. Rubbing the soap against my skin felt ...

• Dudu Osun Black Soap
      like smearing 100% alcohol on open wounds and tiny bee stings throughout my body. I hesitated in continuing to use the soap; but, I wanted to see if it would work.

The soap smelled similar to mud and dirt combined together; a natural and earthy smell. At the end of my shower session, somehow I instantly felt better. I figured that my skin would heal if I continued to use it.

Ultimately, I was right. After seven consecutive days of washing my skin with the Dudu Osun Black Soap, my eczema and psoriasis condition diminished as well as the outbreaks of rashes. There were no more

swelling, inflammation and blisters popping and oozing associated with my psoriasis.

I love the fact that the soap is very mild, and a little bit of the soap provides enough suds to wash my entire body. I feel refreshed and cleansed each time I use it, and I even purchased a second bar to use on my face to minimize potential acne outbreaks. The only feature I do not like about the soap is that it leaves a dark brown film inside my soap dish in the sink and shower where I use it the most.

I find myself instantly cleaning the film to avoid permanent stain. Nonetheless, I love this soap.

Amanda says :

mmmm it smell great every time I take it

zach masi says :

re : I believe I inherited from my mother’s side of the family, but, it’s still unnerving to deal with it
swwt i love this product it helped me alot, when i was a baby

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315091638060530/k2311a095/9.5.14