Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • For years I've used compact powder and liquid foundation specifically for Black women, and I've always been disappointed with the results
  • The product cost $7.00 and I chose the beige shade color after carefully testing the other shades against my forearm
  • At first I had a problem with pressing down on the nozzle on the container to get the mousse out
  • However, a few hours later I noticed the streaks resurfaced on my face through the powder and I looked as if I had sweated or cried
  • I was disgusted because I know I chose the right mousse for my skin

• by Shawn Tillman

I’m African-American and a lot of times it is difficult for me to find the right make-up to wear because of my mixed skin tone. My face is lighter than my neck and I always have trouble locating the perfect make-up brand for my skin. For years I’ve used compact powder and liquid foundation specifically for Black women, and I’ve always been disappointed with the results. While popular brands such as Fashion Fair, MAC and Bobbie Brown have a wide assortment of shades for Women of Color, it is still challenging for me to select the right shades to match my skin.

It is difficult to describe

the complexity involving standing in natural light to select and match the right shade of color. If I make a wrong decision, then not only will I have wasted my investment but I’m stuck with the wrong color. As a result, I searched for products that would enhance the beauty of my natural face without appearing too made up and that led me to airbrush make-up.

I have been intrigued with airbrush make-up for several years and I really wanted a flawless appearance like many celebrities; but, at an affordable price. Nonetheless, I discovered Revlon’s Photoready Airbrush in the beauty isle at Wal-Mart in Charlotte, NC and decided to try it. The product cost $7 and I chose the beige shade color after carefully testing the other shades against my forearm.

I felt positive that the product would work; but, I was wrong. As soon as I took the makeup out of the box, I started to have problems with opening the container. At first I had a problem with pressing down on the nozzle on the container to get the mousse out.

I kept pressing down long and hard until some of the liquid make-up splattered all over the sink. This created a huge mess with beige makeup staining my ...

• Revlon Photoready Airbrush Mousse Makeup
      sink area.

Although I was frustrated that a lot of the make-up was wasted as a result; I still wanted to see if the airbrush make-up would work.

So after I pumped the nozzle again, the liquid easily turned into a mousse form; however, it quickly turned back to liquid after I applied it on my cheeks. Not only was I disappointed that the mousse did not keep its form as the product promised, but I noticed streaks on my face that I couldn’t blend in well with my natural skin tone. In spite of my disappointment, I was still determined to make it work.

I

assumed I applied too much mousse on my face, and therefore, I dabbed the excess make-up with a cotton ball. I kept the remaining makeup on my face and used pressed powder to finish the look. However, a few hours later I noticed the streaks resurfaced on my face through the powder and I looked as if I had sweated or cried.

The airbrush make-up made me look freakish instead of flawless. I was disgusted because I know I chose the right mousse for my skin; but, it turned out opposite than what I expected. Later in the day, I returned the product and received a refund.

Christiana Alverez says :

hi im of Hispanic and native American descent so my skin is darker, will this make up match well to my face or leave it looking streaky and fake? I want to have a nice makeup that will give good coverage without being too heavy or fake looking.

Maria Basto says :

Hi Cristiana I do not think this is a good choice for you. However, you can try the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse. It does a great job and is available in 12 different shades including darker tones so, you probably can find the perfect match for you.

Shawn Tillman replies :

This make-up is too heavy and will leave streaks after application. I would recommend something lighter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315091638020530/k2311a095/9.5.14