Accent All Natural Flavor - additive for seasoning foods  » Food  »
  • As a native Southerner, I enjoy a variety of food including soul food, Gullah food and Jamaican food
  • In addition, I love adding Accent seasoning to chicken soup, pastas and dips as well as African and Chinese dishes
  • I’m not sure what makes the product special, but it is definitely a necessity in my kitchen

• by Shawn Tillman

As a native Southerner, I enjoy a variety of food including soul food, Gullah food and Jamaican food. I find it hard to resist any dish that’s salty and spicy to my palette. However, because of my family’s history with diabetes I’ve had to eliminate salt from my diet altogether. Although I crave salt a lot in my foods, I’ve tried to substitute regular salt with garlic salt and see if it would satisfy my craving for salt.

Well, that didn’t work. I even asked my physician if it was safe for me to use sea salt since it is more natural and

prevalent over table salt. Well, my physician told me that I couldn’t use sea salt either.

For those of us who enjoy eating a good meal with a pinch of salt every so often, I was devastated that my lifestyle without salt would change my feelings about food. Instantly, I stopped eating popcorn, grits and anything else I normally sprinkled salt on. But, that all changed after I purchased a small container of Accent All Natural Flavor seasoning at Food Lion for $6 in Charlotte, NC.

I can’t believe I’m raving about this product, but it is a wonderful addition to seasoning all types of food including salads. Right after my physician denied my request for sea salt, I started using this product. Accent has not negatively impacted my high blood pressure and cholesterol level.

In lieu of sprinkling at least of pinch of salt on most of my dishes to give it some flavor, I just add a little bit of Accent instead. All of my meals taste just right since using Accent, and I have not missed nor think about salt at all. Whenever I fry chicken and fish southern style, I just add Accent directly to the meat before I dip them ...

• Accent All Natural Flavor - additive for seasoning foods
      in flour and cook them.

It really does taste good. In addition, I love adding Accent seasoning to chicken soup, pastas and dips as well as African and Chinese dishes. Whenever I fix a house salad, I just add Accent to the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon bits and cheese before I combine them together.

I also sprinkle on my homemade ranch dressing to give it a boost as well. I try not to overdue adding too much seasoning; but, I’m addicted to the burst in flavor the product gives.

I am always surprised of how much a little sprinkle brings out the true flavor of all

the foods.

I really take pleasure in eating as a result of using accent. Sometimes when I sniff the container, I feel my nostrils open up. I’ve never used the product in beverages; however, my son stated that he sprinkled it in his hot chocolate and it tasted better.

Even now, I’m discovering the usefulness of Accent in other dishes I create including banana pudding. I’m not sure what makes the product special, but it is definitely a necessity in my kitchen. Whenever I travel, eat at a restaurant or at family gatherings I keep a small container in my purse.

This product is my constant companion.

Rocksann Broadwater says :

re : In addition, I love adding Accent seasoning to chicken soup, pastas and dips as well as African and Chinese dishes
For years I cooked with Accent flavor. I’m fifty two, I started cooking with Accent in my early 20’s. My Mom were always cooking with Accent. Brings a great taste to your foods. I mostly used it in my meats I cooked. You don’t have to add to much on your meats to taste the flavor. I grade it number one Accent flavor.

Simply-Special says :

re : I’m not sure what makes the product special, but it is definitely a necessity in my kitchen
Whoa. Please don’t use Accent. It’s MSG (an excitotoxin), and that’s poison. You really should look it up. They don’t call it the slow silent killer for nothing.

Jessica says :

My opinion about Accent is that this seasoning gives your food that taste your messing,say for instant your boiling chicken,ribs,neck bones or turkey necks. It gives the meat that tenderness and flavor.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 275091637990530/k2311a095/9.5.14