Romano’s Macaroni Grill, Charlotte NC  » Restaurants  »
1.5
8620 Research Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina 28262
  • I enjoy eating Italian food at various restaurants and Romano’s Macaroni Grill has always been one of my favorite places to frequent
  • My family members were impressed with what I described to them, and therefore, we all ordered the trio sampler
  • I and my family enjoyed our Caesar salads that came with the meal and the complimentary Tucson baked bread
  • In addition, my mother and I also noticed that the fried chicken filet in the chicken parmesan portion was burnt and it appeared the food preparer of our dish tried to hide it underneath the spaghetti noodles and tomato sauce
  • I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone

• by Shawn Tillman

I enjoy eating Italian food at various restaurants and Romano’s Macaroni Grill has always been one of my favorite places to frequent. RecentlyI arranged for my entire family to spend an evening together before Labor Day at the restaurant. In fact, I highly recommended this restaurant in spite of my family member’s reservation. While they insisted we all eat at Olive Garden and Buca Di Peppo located in Pineville, North Carolina, I assured them that they would enjoy a quality meal at Romano’s Macaroni Grill. After we all agreed to eat there, I and my family arrived at the restaurant at 7:30 p.

m. and I noticed a few

changes to the entree options on the dinner menu. Despite the new menu options, I was glad the restaurant still featured the trio sampler for $14. 99 on the menu.

I persuaded my family members to order this dish since they were unfamiliar with the other entree options on the menu. On many occasions, I recalled the trio sampler was served in a large and round plate with huge servings of the lasagna, manicotti and chicken parmesan. Often, I had requested for a carry-out container because I could never finish my meal. My family members were impressed with what I described to them, and therefore, we all ordered the trio sampler.

The evening went well initially. I and my family enjoyed our Caesar salads that came with the meal and the complimentary Tucson baked bread. Well, when our server brought the main course to our table, I was dismayed that the trio sampler was served in an oblong and rectangular plate instead of the large and round plate previously. Also the portion size for the lasagna, manicotti and chicken parmesan was no longer huge.

Instead, the portions were quarter-sized and we could all see through our plates, because it was very skimpy. I and my family weren’t satisfied with the trio sampler. In addition, my mother and ...

• Romano's Macaroni Grill, Charlotte NC
      I also noticed that the fried chicken filet in the chicken parmesan portion was burnt and it appeared the food preparer of our dish tried to hide it underneath the spaghetti noodles and tomato sauce. I was very irritated by this, and asked the server to replace the chicken parmesan altogether.

The server graciously took the burnt chicken; however, she replaced it with a less than a quarter-sized chicken-filet. I was very disturbed by this and my family also expressed disappointment in their portion sizes.

Nonetheless, we ate our food and waited for our desserts. My family and I ordered the lemon passion cake.

I have previously

sampled this dessert and it was a tasty and tangy lemon pound cake with lemon-flavored butter creme icing, and a squeeze of lemon juice over it. One serving of the cake was enough for two people to share. Well to our disappointment, the cake was served in a large plate but it was only a quarter-size serving. I barely got two bites from the cake and that was it.

The total cost for the meal totaled to $125 including tax and server’s tip. For the price we paid for our dinners, we could have had an exquisite meal at a high end restaurant. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Susan Connerney says :

re : I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone
Macaroni Grill is ok but I prefer Carraba’s for the variety and quality of food. Carraba’s also has a great happy hour at most locations with discounted appetizers at the ar as well as monthly wine dinners.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 75091637960530/k2311a095/9.5.14