Febreze Air Effects - Linen and Sky fragrance  » Housewares  »
  • Unfortunately, my sinuses cannot tolerate air fresheners that contain heavy perfumes
  • Airwyck has always been a favorite freshener for my mother, and I just assumed it was the best product to use
  • However, recently I decided to compare both AirWyck and Febreze in terms of quality and freshness
  • I bought a can of Febreze Air Effects Linen and Sky scent for $2.00 at Wal-Mart in Concord, NC and began to use it the same day
  • Although I believe AirWyck is a good product, the quality and freshness is not there

• by Shawn Tillman

I constantly use air freshener in my home since I have animals and kids who like to create mess in the kitchen and the bathroom. As a result, it is important for me to contain the odors in my household or else I would have to move out. Unfortunately, my sinuses cannot tolerate air fresheners that contain heavy perfumes. Whenever I visit family members and friends, I cringe every time I walk into their homes because of the lingering scent of lavender or citrus smelling fragrances.

These scents cause me to sneeze uncontrollably and at times, embarrass me and my family. I routinely

use air fresheners that are odorless or lightly scented because these types does not aggravate my sinus cavity.

I have been an avid user of AirWyck Freshener for over 23 years.

Airwyck has always been a favorite freshener for my mother, and I just assumed it was the best product to use. However, recently I decided to compare both AirWyck and Febreze in terms of quality and freshness. I’ve seen so many Febreze commercials claiming to eliminate odors and I decided to purchase a container and try it out.

I bought a can of Febreze Air Effects Linen and Sky scent for $2 at Wal-Mart in Concord, NC and began to use it the same day. I have a dog and two cats in my home so odors are always present here. Especially when it comes to pet accidents, I needed a product that would eliminate the odors as quickly as possible or the animals will have to live outside the home forever.

I often used AirWyck’s Cool Linen and White Lilac to address the issue; however, over a period of time the pet odor would linger in the air for at least 30 minutes before I noticed it would disappear. This was a problem I wanted to ...

• Febreze Air Effects - Linen and Sky fragrance
      get rid of because it was making me ill having to wait for the odor to go away. At times I had to open the windows in my home or step outside to allow the spray to kill the odor.

Whenever I return inside, I would spray in other rooms where the odor lingered and raise the windows again.

Fortunately, I did not have this problem with Febreze Air Effects when I tested the Linen and Sky scent. It turns out that Febreze has a heavier scent than AirWyck and it doesn’t mask the pet odor as AirWyck does.

Also, I didn’t have to

wait 30 minutes to allow the product to work. It took only ten minutes for Febreze to get rid of the smell. I was also glad that Febreze stopped odors from entering into other rooms, therefore, requiring for me to use less of the product which eventually saves me money, time and aggravation.

Although I believe AirWyck is a good product, the quality and freshness is not there. The product’s fragrance does little to curb foul pet odor. Febreze only required minimal sprays and it lasts a long time.

As a result, I keep a can in my home and vehicle to keep the air fresh.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 535091637950530/k2311a095/9.5.14