Adams Plus Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray  » Pets  »
  • Unfortunately, during these warmer months is when my dog attracts the most fleas and other tiny bugs on her body
  • As a result of my dog doing this, she has spread fleas throughout the house, and over a period of time this has become a pest problem

• by Shawn Tillman

I own a rat terrier that spends most of her time inside the home; however, when the days are humid I allow her to stay outside to enjoy the sun and warm temperatures. Unfortunately, during these warmer months is when my dog attracts the most fleas and other tiny bugs on her body. Sometimes I can leave her outdoors all day and everyday without any problems; however, when it rains I have to bring her inside. My dog is small, but she moves very quickly.

And every time I bring her inside the house, I just flinch when she rolls her body on the carpet in the living

room and on my bed. As a result of my dog doing this, she has spread fleas throughout the house, and over a period of time this has become a pest problem. It didn’t take me long to notice tiny black and brown fleas strolling on the top fibers of my carpet.

I was not happy afterwards.

Even though I was able to control my rat terrier from running all over the house after I allowed her back in, I couldn’t control the fleas from multiplying in almost every room in my house. Mainly the fleas hid in the carpets in my bedroom, living room and the stairs.

The problem had gotten so bad that I wanted to lift all the carpeting throughout the house and discard them. Every time my rat terrier would come indoors and roll around the carpets, she released fleas and they were biting me as well. One night the fleas were biting me too much while I was working on my computer that I just left the house and went to the pet store to pick up anything that would help me kill them.

I previously used Advantage and Raid products to eliminate the fleas, and it didn’t work. I went through each container; and both products proved to be ineffective ...

• Adams Plus Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray
      in killing the fleas. So, I visited the Pet Smart store in Charlotte, NC and a store associate recommended the Adams Plus Flea and Tick Home and Carpet Spray.

The store associate told me the product would work better than the previous one’s I’ve tried. Although I was doubtful, I purchased a can of Adams for $3 even though I assumed I needed two cans. Once I returned home, I applied the Adams spray in my bedroom, the stairwell, and the living room where I seen most of the fleas.

Honestly, I continued to reapply the Adam’s product on the second day to make sure the fleas were eradicated.

By the third day, most of the fleas were gone as a result of using the Adams spray. I applied the remaining Adams spray in other areas of my home including the beds, couch and walls throughout my house because I did not want to take any chances on the fleas spreading.

Although I really like the product, the only negative aspect of Adams is that the fumes from the canister smell heavy with pesticide. I had to leave the windows open to air out each room. Nonetheless, one can of Adams had treated my problem quickly and the price is very cheap at the pet store.

lisa says :

re : Unfortunately, during these warmer months is when my dog attracts the most fleas and other tiny bugs on her body
the summer months are really bad for fleas especally if the winter was mild.

lisa says :

Adams flea products have never worked on my cats or dogs. I have to use Advantix. It seems like each year the fleas become a little more resistant to flea products. Advantix didnt even do as good as last year

Bobbie says :

Can I use Adams flea an tick spray with my dog in the house

Galega says :

It contains very little amount of pesticide which should be fine for pet. As per manufacturer information, there won’t be any problem. However, I would suggest you to keep pet away for around half an hour. It is better to use precaution when it comes to handling pesticide and pets.

Dakotah says :

Yes you can, there is also information on the item it’s self and how to use it, but I always used it and took my pets either outside or took my dog for a walk while it settled as I do not like to breath in extra chemicals. I also opened the doors and windows and let my house air out. Remember if you have fleas to sweep and vacuum often as to get rid of eggs. I could not get rid of the fleas with this product or many others, I had to get a pill from our local veterinarian and finally after fighting for months, the pills worked and we have been flea free. I would just see a vet and not waste your time, money and patience with all the sprays, dusts and collars.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 295091637940530/k2311a095/9.5.14