Higgins Premium Pet Foods Parakeet Vita Seed  » Pets  »
  • I've been keeping budgerigars as pets for the past couple of years and as much as I love them, one of the hardest parts of maintaining them is to buy them feed
  • It was so convenient I have not bought feed at my local pet store since
  • For example if you look at the list of ingredients around the back, you'll see natural foods such as dried carrot, flaxseed and even dried cranberries which I know are healthy for them
  • The birds also seem to love it, which I'm also grateful for and I consider as one of the more important reasons to buy it
  • I would definitely recommend buying the Higgins Premium Pet Foods Parakeet Vita Seed to owners of parakeets, love birds and budgerigars

• by Redtape

I’ve been keeping budgerigars as pets for the past couple of years and as much as I love them, one of the hardest parts of maintaining them is to buy them feed.

This is because it’s either very hard to find bird seed where I live sometimes, and when I do, the one pet store inflates the price several times. On occasion I’ve had to resort to either giving them oats and regular fruits and vegetables to eat, or giving them seeds without vitamins. A couple of months ago though I was so delighted to discover one of my local supermarkets selling a

2.5lb bag of Higgins Premium Pet Foods Parakeet Vita Seed. It was so convenient I have not bought feed at my local pet store since.

The Higgins Premium Pet Foods Parakeet Vita Seed, which is made in the United States comes in a heavy plastic bag with lime green up the top and a transparent part that shows the seeds inside at the bottom half. A picture of a male blue and yellow budgerigar lies right above the word parakeet.

One of the reasons why I find this product so convenient is because it lasts me so long. Right now I have two male budgies and a love bird, and the love bird, sometimes he loves turning over his feed to test his strength. On previous occasions I might have had to buy seeds up to several times a week. However no matter what happens this one lasts me for at least a month.

The next thing I love about this bag of bird seed is that as the front of the bag says, it does not contain any artificial colours or flavours and contains natural ingredients. For example if you look at the list of ingredients around the back, you’ll see natural foods such as dried carrot, flaxseed ...

• Higgins Premium Pet Foods Parakeet Vita Seed
      and even dried cranberries which I know are healthy for them. I know they’re correct about the dyes too since I don’t see any traces of any strange colours on my bird’s beaks after they’ve eaten.

The bag has a resealable feature too which makes it even more convenient for me. It’s seals tight enough so I’ve never had to worry about any ants taking it and getting in and the feed inside remains fairly fresh.

The birds also seem to love it, which I’m also grateful for and I consider as one of the more important reasons to buy it. I’ve bought feed before

that they’ve left untouched and ended up having to find something else for them to eat.

Last but not least I’ve found that I spend a lot less buying this big back of seeds. I would find that I would fork out sometimes over JA$800 for bird seed in one month, when now I would pay just around JA$500 for one of these bags and it would last me over a month.

I would definitely recommend buying the Higgins Premium Pet Foods Parakeet Vita Seed to owners of parakeets, love birds and budgerigars. It costs less, is convenient and the birds seem to love it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292091637780130/k2311a092/9.2.14