Canon Powershot SX280 HS, Camera
  • I bought the canon powershot sx280 hs on my friends recommendation
  • The best thing was, that I kept everything on auto mode and still I got brilliant results
  • To tackle this issue the camera do provides a wind filter in the settings which proves somewhat helpful, but its not efficient enough to remove all the distortion
  • Conclusively I really enjoyed using this camera with its 20x optical zoom and was totally pleased with its results

by Hamza Butt

Canon is the one of the world’s best known camera brands. Its powershot series has got some outstanding cameras for professional photography and videography. I bought the canon powershot sx280 hs on my friends recommendation. And so far, I never really regretted my decision of buying this camera or found any bug that would prove a deal breaker for me, but there are a couple of things that surely need improvement in this camera.
  • Canon Powershot sx280 hs (Camera)
  • The canon powershot sx280 hs comes in with a 12.1 megapixel camera, a 25mm wide lens and a 20x optical zoom. The camera has also got wifi and GPS which was something new for me.

• Canon Powershot sx280 hs (Camera)
  • The pics I took with this camera were literally great. As you can see in the picture, the camera takes color enriched photos. The best thing was, that I kept everything on auto mode and still I got brilliant results. I don’t know much about photography, but it made me feel like a photographer. It does a really good job in capturing quick photos. Even the low light and dusk places were shot with absolute no blurriness or loss of crispness. Though, One mode I really miss in this camera is the HDR mode. I’ve used that technology in some smartphones and the results pleased me every time.

• Canon Powershot sx280 hs (Camera)
  • This image is a good example of how well the camera adjusts its focus. The pictures are taken in auto mode, and as you can see the camera blurred out the surrounding flowers in the image.

• Canon Powershot sx280 hs (Camera)
  • One thing that I loved in this camera is the 20x optical zoom feature it has. Taking pics was really fun with it. Doesn’t matters how far the object is, the 20x optical zoom will get you a full screen shot of it. Actually the white thing you can see in the image is a plastic bag that was flying in the air. With naked eyes it only appeared a small white dot on the sky, but with the 20x zoom I managed to get this shot.

• Canon Powershot sx280 hs (Camera)
  • I recorded more than a dozen videos with this camera and the results were impressive. It can record full HD videos with 30 or 60 frames per second. The image stabilization is very good in this camera. Video recording in low light is the best I’ve ever experienced, I mostly use my phone for recording videos and it doesn’t records much details in low light, but this camera catches the most details even in low light. The microphone of this camera is found at the front which at times records wind noise in the video. To tackle this issue the camera do provides a wind filter in the settings which proves somewhat helpful, but its not efficient enough to remove all the distortion.

One thing that annoys me the most in this camera is the sluggish LCD display when you move the camera a lot. It doesn’t happens when I’m holding the camera still, but the display fails to keep up with frequent movement. But as you stop the movement the display starts to work properly without any kind of slug. This bug is really annoying, because no one really wants any kind of glitches while he’s trying to snap a pic or video of a moving object.

Another thing that needs improvement in the camera is the battery. Actually…it literally sucks!I fully charged its battery. I guess I filmed around 6 videos and took around 30 pics and the battery was starving for charge. I surely wanted more from the battery, because it left me on a point where I was starting to enjoy using it, and then you realise that you’ll have to stop everything and put the camera on charge. Perhaps, its the videos that eat the most part of the battery.

Conclusively I really enjoyed using this camera with its 20x optical zoom and was totally pleased with its results. Yes, there are some bugs in the camera, but like I said they aren’t a deal breaker for me, but I would surely want them to be fixed in the future updates of this camera.

Kyrie Anonymous says :

re : Conclusively I really enjoyed using this camera with its 20x optical zoom and was totally pleased with its results
Everyone likes this camera. Too bad I don’t have enough income to purchase a dozen of these and hand them out like candy. I am still waiting for the results from the camera I got someone else already.

The camera works. If you need to hand off or hand out cameras, get something else, and expect a lot more editing and a lot more hassle, as well as lower grade results.

This is one camera that works from the pre-dawn hours until after dusk although a user will need a tripod for the night photo, or for making clicks during the wee hours of the eve.

It is not the most durable model of camera. I’ve dropped one, and have had to replace it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 432091637760130/k2311a092/9.2.14