Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I found out that they had deodorants too, I was eager to try them but was terrified of what the price would look like
  • However two months ago I decided to bite the bullet and buy one for myself
  • Like it says on the body, it has the refreshing subtle scent of powder, which smells amazing when I use it after I bathe with the body wash
  • I just didn't have that problem with the Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
  • I would recommend it to other people who are looking for the perfect deodorant

by Redtape

I generally love buying products from Dove, but they’re usually so expensive here. I’ve used their soaps and body wash and loved it so much especially with how it made my skin feel. When I found out that they had deodorants too, I was eager to try them but was terrified of what the price would look like. However two months ago I decided to bite the bullet and buy one for myself. I loved it so much that I’ve considered buying it again next month.
  • Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
  • The Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant comes in the brands signature colours. The cover is a beautiful light blue, the body white and the brand name Dove written in a bold dark blue. Right underneath the brand name is the logo, a silver dove in flight. When you open it the scent is just as soothing as its appearance. Like it says on the body, it has the refreshing subtle scent of powder, which smells amazing when I use it after I bathe with the body wash.

• Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
  • On the back of the deodorant, there is a sticker that shows the uses, drug facts and warnings. When I first bought it, I couldn’t help noticing that it claimed to have 24 hour protection. I was a little doubtful of that at first since I’ve bought deodorants before that claimed to have the same feature, but I was afraid to use them again since they only seemed to work for half the time. However I was so shocked when I used this brand one morning, was out for the entire day and by the time I came home found out that I still smelt fairly fresh. I could even still smell the fresh scent of powder under my arms.

• Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
  • Another reason why I decided I just had to buy it again is because it really did reduce underarm wetness like it said on the back. One of the reasons why I hate using roll-ons in particular is because they wet and mess up my clothes sometimes, and there is nothing more unsightly than the deodorant lines and marks on my clothes, and then afterwards trying obsessively to get them out. I just didn’t have that problem with the Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant. Not much liquid comes out when I use it and it dries fairly fast.

One of the things that I just love about this too is that there is little to no underarm build-up when you use it and it dries. Therefore, unlike some deodorants there is no unsightly white crust when I use it. I’m sometimes a little self conscious of raising my arms when wearing a sleeveless because some deodorants do that when they dry. However I don’t even have to think about that anymore when I’m wearing this particular one.

• Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
  • The only problem I had with this was the ball. When I first opened it and used it, the ball was so tight that the dry ball nearly scraped my underarm and I had to spin it a little to loosen it up.These days I don’t have that problem anymore and using it is a little easier.

• Dove Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant
  • The only thing that I’m really concerned about is the active ingredient “Aluminum Chlorohydrate”, even though they say it’s just 22%. I once read an article on the net a couple of years ago about it having cancer causing properties, especially being added to a number of anti-perspirant deodorants. Since there’s still no concrete proof though, I think I will take my chances with it, especially since it smells so good.

Buying this deodorant is completely worth what I paid for it. I paid nearly JA$1000 for it even though my usual deodorants generally cost less than half its price. There’s not just that, but the fact that it has lasted me so long now. If it goes on to two and a half months, I swear I will never buy another one; because when I think about it, the price probably even works out to two or three of the smaller deodorants, plus I get more benefits. I would recommend it to other people who are looking for the perfect deodorant.

Angela Jimenez says :

I personally use Dove and it works great for me. It doesn’t however work for my sister, so I guess it just depends on the person, and how much they sweat.

Galega says :

It is possible that your sister is not working this anti antiperspirant in a right way. Deodorants merely mask the smell by killing bacteria that causes body odor. Antiperspirants attack sweat at the source. Aluminum, the active ingredient in antiperspirants, clog your sweat ducts and stop your glands from producing sweat. As a matter of fact, Aluminium can’t penetrate wet skin. If she is using it immediately after taking shower or in the middle of having sweat, then it won’t work. Ask her to use it when the body is completely dry, and then she should feel positive experience.

Lavonn says :

A very good deodorant for kids to use. My 7 year old uses this deordorant.

Galega says :

There isn’t any specific age when a kid can start using deodorant. However, it is still recommended to let a 7 year old use it only when there is unpleasant body odor emanating out of her body. Not allowing them to use on their own is also recommended.

Jessica Zarrillo says :

re : I would recommend it to other people who are looking for the perfect deodorant
The Dover Powder Roll-On Anti-Perspirant Deodorant smells exquisite, is super gentle, and is reasonably priced I love this deodorant it doesn’t leave a residue on my clothes. Absolute favorite.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 312091637750130/k2311a092/9.2.14