Corel VideoStudio X7 Ultimate  » Software  »
2.0
  • I bought Corel for almost $100 at Micro Center
  • Corel VideoStudio X7 definitely has it's complaints from me
  • Whenever I want to edit on the go, or I need to make a quick change that I thought of last minute, this feature is absolutely perfect

• by Tina B.

I grew up around a software programmer, so I am very critical when it comes to trying out new software. Corel VideoStudio X7 is a software that I purchased because I was tired of using iMovie for my Video editing tool. A friend of mine explained that Corel VideoStudio X7 might be extensive enough for me to get my project done.

Considering the fact that It seem as if I ran through all of my options. I bought Corel for almost $100 at Micro Center. (My all time favorite PC and Tech Store!) Price wise, I wasn’t too happy. It’s not

like I was able to take it back once I opened it, so it was do or die.

Packaging wasn’t nothing to brag about. It was a bulky box for a freaking CD. It did come with a few tutorials for new comers like myself, I appreciated that. But I didn’t appreciate the fact that I felt like I was breaking out of jail when trying to open the box first time around.

Lets talk about the Cons:

I want to get the bad news out the way before I start bragging on the good news. Corel VideoStudio X7 definitely has it’s complaints from me. The software doesn’t have many features and effects. This alone made me upset because I was working on a music video. The last thing I don’t need is a software that isn’t capable of delivering a nice amount of options when it comes to effects. Yes, it offered transitions, designing,arranging and the basics. But what about better basic color adjustments and audio filtering for voice tracks and music. These things are important folks when you want to have a great YouTube Video!

Once again I was stuck with something that didn’t support Mac OS!!!! It’s like companies have ...

• Corel VideoStudio X7 Ultimate
      something about Apple or they might be allergic to it or something. I had to opt out and use my Windows XP. Of course this wasn’t the end of all end but I need options in my life.

Lets talk about the Pros:

Don’t get me wrong people, there were a few things that I did like about Corel VideoStudio, like the fact that it had a 64-bit architecture. This is perfect for video editing. Its all about speed when it comes to editing and putting together a video. So Corel got this down.

They also have FastFlick tool which is used for easy

automated editing. Whenever I want to edit on the go, or I need to make a quick change that I thought of last minute, this feature is absolutely perfect.

I will say, that there is a huge learning curve with this software, so don’t think that you will be able to hop right on board and get started. I had to take a few days and learn the platform before I actually began editing videos.

Will I continue to use this software again? NOPE. I already put it on Craigslist and sold it. I need something way more flexible and Corel VideoStudio isn’t it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3029081637740431/k2311a0829/8.29.14