O’Brien Super Screamer 2 Person Towable Tube  » Leisure  »
  • From the time I was little I always went tubing and I have seen the best and worst of them
  • I feel pretty secure laying on it and as long as you're not going too fast I think it's perfectly safe to sit or kneel on as well
  • The only problem with smaller children riding on it is that the spacing is made for two people so if the kid is smaller, they may have a hard time spreading across the tube to comfortably reach the handles
  • I like switching handles depending on what kind of turn the boat is taking and with a few handles on each side that makes it much easier to do
  • I don't recommend trying to manually blow this tube up

• by Crystal

I basically grew up on the water. Every summer my family would take several beach and lake trips throughout my childhood. We were fortunate enough to have family that owned lakefront and beachfront properties and so it only made sense to have a boat and partake in water sports. From the time I was little I always went tubing and I have seen the best and worst of them.

I would say that the O’Brien Super Screamer is really one of the better tubes on the market. This is coming from someone who has roughed it with the old fashioned inner tubes and gone luxury tubing with the 4 person rockets. This one has held up better than any of the other ones we’ve tried. We

usually have to patch our tubes up at least once a season due to normal wear and tear and splitting at the seams; which we know is the hardest to mend. With this tube, we were actually able to get through two seasons without having to patch it. By no means did I have any expectation for it to hold up for several years because with the tubing we do; it’s simply not practical. We just needed something that would hold up as long as possible and this fit the bill.

We are a rough family of tubers. We have the drivers that literally take fast sharp turns over huge waves while we are on the tube. We go flying over waves at rocket fast speeds and wind up flipping the tube over several times. That being said, it still holds up to puncture better than any of the others I’ve tried.

Safety wise it is pretty good too. I feel pretty secure laying on it and as long as you’re not going too fast I think it’s perfectly safe to sit or kneel on as well. It’s pretty sturdy and I don’t feel like I’m going to fly off of it with just a little turn. It also takes water pretty well and what I mean by that is that I don’t get a mouth full when the boat initially starts pulling it. That’s really important when you have a smaller child on it.

The only problem with smaller children riding on ...

• O'Brien Super Screamer 2 Person Towable Tube
      it is that the spacing is made for two people so if the kid is smaller, they may have a hard time spreading across the tube to comfortably reach the handles. Other than that, a larger child would have no problem by themselves on it.

It holds two adults comfortably too with a few handles to chose from on either side. I like switching handles depending on what kind of turn the boat is taking and with a few handles on each side that makes it much easier to do. They are positioned perfectly for two riders at a time.

I also like how it looks. We have the blue black and white one and it really looks tough against the waves. Aesthetics aren’t so important in the

world of tubing but I think it’s a plus to have one that looks cool.

We got ours for under 160 USD from Dick’s Sporting Goods store with a percent of coupon and I think it is fairly priced for what you get.

I don’t recommend trying to manually blow this tube up. It takes a lot of legwork to get it going unless you are using a high pressure pump. With a pump it takes only a minute or two and there is no problem there. I also love the quick connect hook because there’s no chance of rubbing the tube the wrong way with the rope. It is made to pull in the right areas to minimize pulling. It has held up pretty well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6127081637681231/k2311a0827/8.27.14