Happy Feet  » Movies  »
  • So I bought the DVD and watched it over the weekend with the kids

• by jax
      When this came out into cinemas, my family and I were on vacation so we weren’t able to watch it on the big screen. I’ve been hearing a lot of wonderful feedback from other moms about this movie and how their children loved it. I felt sorry for my son who felt left out when all the kids were doing the penguin dance.

So I bought

the DVD and watched it over the weekend with the kids. I must say, this is a very insightful and educational film.

My children love animals and we’ve seen penguins in some zoos. So it was a joy to see them enjoying it as much as me.

Typically, I would watch a movie first before I let my children view it. Just in case there are ...

• scenes or words that are not appropriate for their age.

But I took the chance with Happy Feet and I’m quite happy that it didn’t give me a reason to raise my eyebrows. It’s just so hard to find good quality films nowadays that are suitable for children as well as adults.

I can’t remember how many times my children have watched the movie this week.

They just can’t get enough of the penguin dance.

Somehow my son has managed to persuade me to dance along the movie. It was a fun movie, with real life lessons.

I keep telling my son, that it’s okay to be different because it makes you special. This film stressed that little lesson for me, and I’m truly grateful that a movie of this caliber was produced.

Happy Feet

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111705163760131/k2311a0517/5.17.07