Johnsonville Classic Italian-Style Meatballs  » Food  »
  • We use frozen meatballs quite a bit in our house, usually with spaghetti (which is served about once per week since it is the one food everyone in the family can agree on) but we also use it with other foods too
  • Unfortunately, they weren't really what I was expecting
  • They had a good blend of seasonings on them and, as is typically the case with other Johnsonville products, I thought the overall quality was decent
  • My biggest problem with this product was the significant price difference between this brand and the brands we normally purchase
  • This is why, even though I did like the product, I don't think it is something I could recommend, at least not when there are other, less expensive brands out there that don't offer much less overall quality

• by Steven Helmer

I was at our local grocery store a few days ago and, as I often do, I took a few minutes to check out the specials in the meat department. As it turns out, they had bags of Johnsonville Classic Italian-Style Meatballs on sale for $5. 99.

about once per week since it is the one food everyone in the family can agree on) but we also use it with other foods too. And, since I’m a big fan of the Johnsonville brand in general, I figured it was worth giving the meatballs a try while they were on sale.

Unfortunately, they weren’t really what I was expecting. The meatballs, to be fair, weren’t horrible.

In fact, they were actually pretty decent. They had a good blend of seasonings on them and, as is typically the case with other Johnsonville products, I thought the overall quality was decent.

I also liked the fact the meatballs were larger in size than most of the other brands we purchase. It wasn’t a big ...

• Johnsonville Classic Italian-Style Meatballs
      difference, but it was noticeable.

My biggest problem with this product was the significant price difference between this brand and the brands we normally purchase. Had this been $1 more, I probably would consider it.

However, even on sale, it was more than $2 higher in price than the other brands. That’s a pretty big price difference and, while I liked this

product, I didn’t think it was anything special enough to justify spending that much more.

And, I can only imagine this brand will be even more expensive when it isn’t on sale. This is why, even though I did like the product, I don’t think it is something I could recommend, at least not when there are other, less expensive brands out there that don’t offer much less overall quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2720081637450531/k2311a0820/8.20.14