Pure Silk Shaving Cream Sensitive Skin Therapy
  • In comparison to a lot of other brands, this shave cream definitely gives me a very close shave
  • I notice a difference afterwards in that my legs feel very smooth
  • My husband even noticed the smoothness too when he touched my legs
  • It claims to be a rust proof aluminum can and I think this must be the first can I've seen that actually holds its claim 100%

• by Crystal

I’ve been on a shaving cream/gel frenzy for much of this summer. Ever since I tried my husband’s shave gel and was pleasantly surprised, I opened my mind to trying other shaving creams. I always thought I had to use the more expensive ones because I would be getting better results but it turned out that the less expensive ones were just as good.

Pure Silk comes from the makers of Barbasol. I always associated Barbasol as a thick men’s shaving cream that wasn’t nurturing enough for a woman. I was hesitant to try their Pure Silk women’s shave

cream because of that but I am very glad I did. What initially lured me to it was the fact that you could get it at regular price for under 2 USD, but pricing aside; it really does provide quality results.

First off, I have VERY sensitive skin. Regardless of what razor or cream I use, I get little red bumps. The idea behind the shave cream I use is to minimize those bumps. With pure silk it is not a gimmick that it is tailored to sensitive skin. It has great ingredients that help to soothe easily irritated skin

such as aloe, papaya and willow bark. I can use this shaving cream and my legs will feel pretty soother while I am shaving. I do still need to put lotion on afterwards but I don’t feel like the cream is harsh at all.

I also like the fact that it is thick while still being effective at removing my hair. In comparison to a lot of other brands, this shave cream definitely gives me a very close shave. I notice a difference afterwards in that my legs feel very smooth. My husband even noticed the smoothness too when he ...

• Pure Silk Shaving Cream Sensitive Skin Therapy
      touched my legs.

While this cream is great for my skin and makes me feel smooth with a close shave, I do think that a gel from another brand is a bit more gentle on my skin. While I am actually shaving with pure silk, I sometimes feel like my skin is being a slight bit scratched but I get those results in a worse state with other products. Thus, it does minimize the friction but I have found certain gels to feel better.

I do get a few nicks and cuts but nothing too major that would make me write a bad review

on it. The overall quality of the product supersedes the minor nuisances.

Aside form the product I find the packaging to be very noteworthy. It claims to be a rust proof aluminum can and I think this must be the first can I’ve seen that actually holds its claim 100%. I keep mine in the wet shower all the time and while most other cans will show minor to major rust, this can has yet to show a speck. I find the cans that rust to be really horrible looking and I hate using them so that’s a big plus for me.

Rebecca Lee says :

Can this product be used on all body parts or just on my legs. My doctor told to start using a shave gel when shaving my underarms and I want to know if I have to have a specific gel? Thanks.

Ryche Macachor says :

Hi Rebecca This product can be used in other body parts. I use it on my legs, underarms and bikini area. It makes shaving a more pleasant experience, the pores don’t get big and the my skin feels softer. So you don’t need to worry.

Galega says :

This is categorized as sensitive skin therapy. You can use it at any part of your body where regular gel (for men, in question) is not intended to be used. You can use it without any problem in legs, underarms and pubic area. There won’t be any problem. This is known for keeping the shaved area soft.

Kathryn J Jordan says :

Can Pure Silk Shaving Cream be used underarms?

Galega says :

Yes, this cream can be used to clean underarms. There won’t be any problem. Just keep safety of skin in your mind while shaving underarms.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3119081637391231/k2311a0819/8.19.14