Petty Gel Liver Supportive Supplement for pets
  • Some of the things I bought for her were food supplements endorsed by the vet
  • By this point I decided my dog had a general dislike for anything commercial or processed
  • I thought that she didn’t like liver, but I was wrong
  • The smell is definitely far from palatable
  • As it seems not fit for dog consumption, at least in my experience, I cannot recommend it to fellow dog-lovers

• by RiccaBookish

When my dog was weakened by diarrhea, I gorged her with healthy pet food. It is the right thing to do to revive her stamina. Some of the things I bought for her were food supplements endorsed by the vet. Whether supplements too are necessarily healthy, I guess not, because they only get in the way of encouraging her appetite. Petty gel is a high-protein supplement which is good for your pet’s liver. It’s not just given to sick dogs, but also dogs in perfectly healthy conditions.

Of all the supplements, this gave me the

hardest time. I had to spoon it to her mouth but that did not work. The vet recommended to rub it on her gums, and I hated doing this because not only was it messy, but I also had to wrestle with my poor puppy; she would resist any attempt to force feed her, as that’s apparently what I was doing; for otherwise she won’t have as much as a lick of it. She doesn’t like the taste of it to be sure. If there was any indication of its palatability, as the packaging claimed,
      I shouldn’t have to struggle with her. By this point I decided my dog had a general dislike for anything commercial or processed.

Even if I got it inside her mouth she would still slobber the supplement to waste. Perhaps I do get her to swallow a bit, but the rest of the gel just comes off her mouth through her saliva, when she’s drooling and gritting her teeth as if to suggest disgust. Her drool leaves quite a mess, and I didn’t like it because it reminded me of her worst crisis when she was retching ...

• Petty Gel Liver Supportive Supplement for pets
      and vomiting. The gel that oozes out of the tube resembles liver spread, it’s thick and brownish. I served it with rice once as we usually do with liver spread, but this too did not work. I thought that she didn’t like liver, but I was wrong. She actually eats boiled chicken liver, and it’s a treat I give her once in a while.

I didn’t like the smell of it. The very first time I took it out of the box I could already make out a characteristic smell, which I would describe as

unpleasant. It smells just like liver, but sharp and pungent. The smell is definitely far from palatable. I used to store it inside a cupboard among other foodstuff for pets, and the whole cupboard would reek of that smell when opened. I suggest you store it away from other pet products. You’re supposed to give one or two teaspoons daily. It is also recommended for cats. The price is 300 php. As it seems not fit for dog consumption, at least in my experience, I cannot recommend it to fellow dog-lovers.

angelic says :

hello whre do you buy petty gel from? been looking for it thanks

Marg says :

I’ve purchased it from Petco. However, you can also get it here on Amazon:

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2919081637381231/k2311a0819/8.19.14