Gillette Series Sensitive Skin Shave Gel with Aloe  » Cosmetics  »
  • I would definitely say the soothingness is equivalent to, if not better than the overpriced shave gels marketed for women
  • When I use this product I notice a reduction in the amount of nicks and shaving bumps I get from razor burn
  • I've had no problem with the pressure button and once I smooth the gel onto my skin it turns to a very nice lather when I start rubbing it around

• by Crystal

My husband has always been a big fan of this shave gel but I always associated it with a man’s shave gel. I admit that I fell into the consumer frenzy of using women’s shave gel and shave cream because of hyped up advertising claims about a “women’s” shaving product. Due to advertising I’ve always thought that women’s shave cream and gel had extra special benefits and that it was better for my skin. I ran out of my normal shave cream and decided to give

my husband’s a try. I am very glad I did.

First of all, it is very soothing. We women think that men don’t have such pampering ingredients in their cosmetics and toiletries but now I realize that they do. A lot of female shave gels hype up sensitive skin formulas containing aloe and this is the same as those. I would definitely say the soothingness is equivalent to, if not better than the overpriced shave gels marketed for women. Aloe is such a soothing and pampering ingredient that it doesn’t matter if it’s in a woman’s cream or a man’s cream; it is going to have the same benefits.

When I use this product I notice a reduction in the amount of nicks and shaving bumps I get from razor burn. I feel like this gel gives me a very precise shave without burning my skin. Certain shaving gels will actually irritate my skin if I put lotion on after but this one is sensitive enough where it leaves my skin nice and ...

• Gillette Series Sensitive Skin Shave Gel with Aloe
      soft and tolerating of whatever after shaving product I use.

The only thing that might turn a woman off from using this product is the fact that there is a definitive manly smell to it. There is almost a cologne type scent and I do feel it is very strong when I use it. It does dissipate after it rinses off though so I find absolutely no reason for the scent to effect my purchase of it.

I often find it on sale for around 2 USD at my

local shop rite which is definitely reasonable. I see a lot of women’s tailored shaving products to be between 3 and 4 dollars and to me they are all the same thing. Of course every brand has their own special formula but this one does just as good of a job a the others.

The lather is also very good. I’ve had no problem with the pressure button and once I smooth the gel onto my skin it turns to a very nice lather when I start rubbing it around.

Rebecca Lee says :

Will this help smooth my husbands skin after he shaves? He uses dial to shave right now, but his skin is so dry afterwards and it looks terrible. Will this help soothe his skin?

Maria Basto says :

Hi Rebecca, yes it really helps to smooth and hydrate skin after shaving. To add, it contains aloe vera which makes it also helpful to prevent and take care of any cut or sensitiveness. This is particularly important in very dry skin so, it might be a perfect choice for your husband.

Galega says :

The skin of your husband seems to be of dry nature. You can definitely suggest him to try Gillette Series Sensitive Shave Gel. It is quite easy to use and he should not find any issue in switching it.

This gel is perfect for all types of skin. The best thing I feel is soothing experiencing after shaving is done. The gel wonderfully hydrates the skin. It is added with Aloe Vera which ensures that even if the facial skin of your husband is sensitive, there won’t be any problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3118081637361231/k2311a0818/8.18.14