Keebler Graham Cracker Crumbs
1.0
  • I enjoy baking all sorts of goods including cakes, pies, cookies, breads and etc. especially during the holiday season and family gatherings throughout the year
  • Even though the instructions were easy to follow, I was soon disappointed in the results
  • Well, a few weeks ago I had some family members at my house for a small gathering and I decided to make my well-known seven layer cookies
  • I would not recommend anyone who appreciates baking to use this product for homemade goods

• by Shawn Tillman

I enjoy baking all sorts of goods including cakes, pies, cookies, breads and etc. especially during the holiday season and family gatherings throughout the year. I pride myself on using the freshest ingredients and making everything from scratch. No, it’s not always easy and it can be time consuming but I never complain.

My reward is when everyone compliments me on doing a fantastic job baking a dish and requests for me to fix it again in the future. And because I take my role as a baker seriously, it is important for me to use the right products when I’m preparing my famous desserts.

Not too long ago I searched for an alternative to purchasing an already prepared pie crust to make my famous banana cream pie.

I have used already prepared pie crusts for many years, and just for once, I wanted to try something different.

I had been eager to try Keebler’s Graham Cracker Crumbs for the longest time since I wanted to start baking more homemade goods in general. Because I really take pride in my culinary skills in terms of baking, I believed Keebler’s Graham Cracker Crumbs would enhance the flavor of all of my baked goods.

I was open and ready to try the product

on my banana cream pie. Well, I wished I had not done it. About three months ago, I purchased Keebler’s Graham Cracker Crumbs for $3 at the Bi-Lo grocery store in Charlotte, NC.

After I prepared the banana cream custard and I followed the instructions exactly to make the graham cracker crust for it. Even though the instructions were easy to follow, I was soon disappointed in the results. The banana cream portion of the pie turned out and tasted great; but, the graham crust tasted as if it was commercially produced.

The crusted tasted bland with no flavor to it, and it crumbled quickly ...

• Keebler Graham Cracker Crumbs
      soon after I cut into it. I was so upset to see so many loose crumbs on my plate, and I blamed myself for not putting more butter or brown sugar while mixing the ingredients. I vowed to myself to do better job next time preparing the crust.

Well, a few weeks ago I had some family members at my house for a small gathering and I decided to make my well-known seven layer cookies. Anytime I make the cookies I have to physically crumble graham crackers to make the crust. I used Keebler’s Graham Cracker Crumbs again and added more butter, vanilla extract

as well as brown and white sugar to make sure the crust did not crumble and it tasted authentic and sweet.

I prayed that my efforts would pay off; however, I was wrong again. I was able to cut the cookies into squares from the baking pan after they cooled on the rack; however, the cookies began to crumble after each person grabbed one. I realized the cracker crumbs would not stick together and solidify because it’s too soft.

I threw the rest of the contents in the garbage afterwards. I would not recommend anyone who appreciates baking to use this product for homemade goods.

Erick Bateman says :

best with the cheese cake love it must buy

tinab says :

I make cheese cake from time to time and yes, I agree that using this product is perfect with the cheese cake. It crumbles well, and it has the perfect graham cracker texture. It tastes just like the graham cracker out the box, that I sneak and eat from time to time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2718081637291231/k2311a0818/8.18.14