Safety 1st Plug and Adapter Cover
  • This has to be my very favorite child safety/baby proofing item
  • Same price in both retailers so I suggest not buying from the more expensive places where I have seen it for over 10 USD
  • My husband hooked it up and without reading directions I verbally asked him to tell me how to do it and I got it without any problem
  • I keep my computer adapter plugged into it and if I need to add another plug to the top there is no issue or inconvenience with pulling the casing off and plugging something else in
  • I highly recommend this child safety outlet cover

• by Crystal

This has to be my very favorite child safety/baby proofing item. I ordered it online from Amazon for 5 USD when it wasn’t available in my local Babies R Us but found it when I returned another day. Same price in both retailers so I suggest not buying from the more expensive places where I have seen it for over 10 USD. It has all the features I needed for an outlet protector and is easy enough for an adult to use without a toddler figuring it out.

for starters, the way it hooks on is very simple

if you follow the directions. You have to make sure you only use it on a 1 screw outlet plate. It will not work on a two screw one. Luckily mine is a one screw plate but I hadn’t realized it when I first bought it. Had I a two screw plate it would have been useless to me. The way it screws on is very simple and you just have to remove your existing outlet plate cover. Once you hook it up you can just slide it right on. My husband hooked
      it up and without reading directions I verbally asked him to tell me how to do it and I got it without any problem. All you have to do is lift the prongs and slide it up. It glides very easily but there’s no way a toddler would either be interested or have the agility to do it.

Set up aside, it’s fully functional and lives up to its claims. It says that it can accommodate two power adapters which is true if you use standard size adapters;l not the overly large ones. The adapters have to ...

• Safety 1st Plug and Adapter Cover
      be interchangeable in the sense that you can flip one up due to the way the outlets are set up. The cord does have to feel down and will not feed through the top.

The way that it is set up makes it so that a child could pull on the plug but I find that it would be very hard to get the plug out of the outlet. Even if they were able to do so, they wouldn’t be able to get to the dangerous part where it plugs in. I find that there is no way

for a child to get “shocked” or electrocuted when this adapter is put on correctly; which is the whole idea.

I did find that it is a little bit wobbly and seems like it would pull right off the wall; however after wriggling it for awhile I can safely confirm that it is definitely secure and will not go anywhere. I keep my computer adapter plugged into it and if I need to add another plug to the top there is no issue or inconvenience with pulling the casing off and plugging something else in. I highly recommend this child safety outlet cover.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5418081637241231/k2311a0818/8.18.14