Saw (horror movie)
  • The movie thrilled and scared me more than I expected and I'll have to say it was one of the best horror and mystery movies I've ever watched
  • Instead, the movie is based on an interesting concept of killing others to escape from the trap to save your life
  • I've watched some horror movies and many of them were literally boring
  • I love watching movies that are hard to predict, and this one was one of them
  • The movie didn't disappointed me in any aspect, it had a story that delivered in every genre it was tagged in

• by Hamza Butt

Saw is 2004 horror, thriller and mystery movie directed by James Wan who had quite a successful career in directing horror movies. I don’t usually watch horror movies, not because I can’t bear them, but, because its not truly my genre. My friend told me how much of a thriller Saw was. So I decided to watch it.

The movie thrilled and scared me more than I expected and I’ll have to say it was one of the best horror and mystery movies I’ve ever watched.

The movie starts with 2 men waking up in an old and dirty bathroom chained to pipes with a dead body lying between them. The dead body was loosely holding a tape player. Each of the two men find a tape that seems a perfect match for the tape

player. They play the tape and as expected there was a message recorded in it for them. One should kill another before 6:00, or his daughter and wife will be killed. They later find a jigsaw in the bathroom, and try to cut to the chains instead of killing each other. In a series of flashbacks, we learn of a number of victims that were trapped by the jigsaw killer. A murderer who doesn’t actually kills his victims, but traps them in situations where they either kill themselves or the other victim. I won’t spoil the whole for you, but as a summary I would just say that the story is based on how these 2 men deal with the situation they’re trapped in.

Unlike most of the horror movies, Saw isn’t based on

an evil spirit story which is one of the things that I liked the most in this movie. You won’t find an evil spirit throwing knifes and books at a family the whole movie. Instead, the movie is based on an interesting concept of killing others to escape from the trap to save your life. The movie gets its horror part from a psycho who finds pleasure in making his target’s life such an agony that he finds his death to be the last possible way to finish his pain.

One great thing about the movie is that it can even scare adults. I’ve watched some horror movies and many of them were literally boring. I didn’t found anything in those movies that could make the adults scare, but luckily this movie was ...

• Saw (horror movie)
      good enough to scare me. I even thought of quitting it a few times, but I didn’t because I was hooked by the story and was having fun watching it.

The movie isn’t only scary but it creates a strange tension and excitement in your mind which states how good a thriller it is. I only felt that tension and excitement while watching Frozen and Buried which are the best thriller movies I’ve ever watched. The events created to make the victims suffer were ferocious which made the movie the best in horror and thriller for me.

The movie kept the predictability factor to zero till the very end. I wasn’t even able to guess a single event. The end shocked me the most. As I mentioned above, the victims were chained in an

old bathroom with a person lying dead in the middle of the floor (he was shot in the head). The whole movie I was dying to know who is behind all these events, and at the end it turned out to be the person lying dead on the floor. That was literally shocking and entertaining. I love watching movies that are hard to predict, and this one was one of them. And that was just why I count this movie in some of the best thriller and mystery movies. The movie didn’t disappointed me in any aspect, it had a story that delivered in every genre it was tagged in.

As a summary, this movie is truly worth watching. It’s a great thriller and mystery movie that has got some horrifying scenes that will surely entertain you.

Romina Razuri says :

I suggest this movie to everyone who’s confortable watching blood and scenes extremely explicit.
In another hand, this sequel is not only about torture, it has a very good history, the actors incarn very well their roles and the kind of “torture” are very unusual and creative.
This movie offer the best mix between a different kind of justice and a lot of suspense.

In my opinion ill give this movie a rate of 8.5/10.

allam hamza says :

re : I’ve watched some horror movies and many of them were literally boring
i saw another interesting movies like the last exorcism , possession…

allam hamza says :

re : I love watching movies that are hard to predict, and this one was one of them
I liked the end of saw especially when the doctor saw 1 appeared

tinab says :

I thought this movie was just overly bloody. The plot twist cool but I think that it’s only going to become confusing. In this movie, I understood the motive. But I think with the other sequels that have come out, they have only made things too complicated.

Hamza replies :

Well, I can’t say anything about the sequels, because I haven’t watched any of them yet, but I don’t think that this movie was confusing.

Ronnel Pedregosa says :

re : The movie thrilled and scared me more than I expected and I’ll have to say it was one of the best horror and mystery movies I’ve ever watched
It was a great movie it scared me ,every scene were spectacular.. .

Azriel says :

This movie was a thriller, a horror for the horrific scenes of blood and violence, But as a whole this movie is just nothing but a person’s enjoyment of seeing other people suffer in their hands.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1118081637231231/k2311a0818/8.18.14