The Amazing Spider-Man 2  » Movies  »
  • Before the movie The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released in theatres and I only saw the trailer, I was anticipating spending money to watch it since I was so sure that it was going to be much better than the first
  • I feel it is almost reminiscent of the previous Spider-Man movie trilogy that was released in the early 2000s, which I thought also made use of this technique wonderfully

by Redtape

Before the movie The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released in theatres and I only saw the trailer, I was anticipating spending money to watch it since I was so sure that it was going to be much better than the first. Everything from the villains to the special effects looked like it was going to be extraordinary, like the type of movie I would generally want to spend my movie to see in front of a big screen and in surround sound. That didn’t exactly work out when the time came to watch it. However I did get to watch it recently and I have to say that it was everything I expected it to be.
  • The Amazing Spiderman 2
  • In case you didn’t read the comic books and are totally unfamiliar with this particular arc, this particular movie as one of my coworkers mentioned is actually a love story. It mostly focuses on Peter Parker’s relationship with Gwen Stacy. He has finally graduated from high school and is getting over the death of his uncle Ben and his Aunt May is struggling to make ends meet financially. Peter is also still haunted by the words of Gwen’s father which were that they should go their separate ways since Peter’s identity as Spider-Man would endanger her. His feelings of guilt are only amplified when two new villains, the Green Goblin and Electro are born.

• The Amazing Spiderman 2
  • One of the things that I absolutely adored about this movie were the creative camera angles that were used. I feel it is almost reminiscent of the previous Spider-Man movie trilogy that was released in the early 2000s, which I thought also made use of this technique wonderfully. I thought it helped make this movie exciting and helped the audience see things from Spider-Man’s perspective. While there were many scenes that I loved, I especially loved the angles in the very beginning since it also made it look very creative.

• The Amazing Spiderman 2
  • I also loved the costumes and the way that the makeup of certain characters was done in order to make them as similar as possible to the characters in the comic. For example, before the movie had even begun casting and I heard that one of the villains would be Electro, I was very curious to see how they were going to portray him without having him look too cheap and yet still not deviating totally from his appearance in the comics while at the same time giving him an intimidating feel. I thought that they managed to accomplish this effectively by doing an astounding job on his makeup and partnering that with visual effects that made him look as if electricity was surging through his body.

• The Amazing Spiderman 2
  • I was also very curious about how they were going to portray the Green Goblin. I remember that in the previous Spider-Man trilogy when Willem Dafoe played the character they actually created a full body suit for him. In The Amazing Spider-Man 2 though I thought he looked a bit more menacing since they depended more on makeup to make him look fairly crazed and diseased.

• The Amazing Spiderman 2
  • I also loved the visual effects more than I actually thought that I would. For example I was amazed in the scene where Max had his accident and fell into the electric eel tank that created the villain Electro. It looked very realistic to me especially for something that was more than likely done on front of a green screen.

The movie ends on a rather sad note when Gwen dies while Spider-Man is trying to save her from falling. However I thought that the sad ending only made it more powerful. If you love Spider-Man and Marvel movies, you have to watch this one. The plot is good, the action and effects are plentiful and it makes me want to watch the third part even though it hasn’t started filming as yet.

Dubravka says :

re : I feel it is almost reminiscent of the previous Spider-Man movie trilogy that was released in the early 2000s, which I thought also made use of this technique wonderfully
Indeed. The first trilogy seemed more truer and more exciting cause, it was the first, the original. Movies can change faces but they can’t change the quality of acting or the story.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111081637080631/k2311a0811/8.11.14