Sharknado 2: The Second One (movie)  » Movies  »
0.5
  • I decided to see what the movies were about when the excitement over its prequel wouldn't die down and Sharknado 2
  • It was so awful that one side of my brain was screaming at me to turn the channel while at the same time I found myself paralyzed with a sort of morbid curiosity that pushed me into watching it till it ended
  • There is so much more to say about the plot but I thought one of the worst and most predictable parts was where Skye, Fin's ex from high school sacrificed herself for him
  • On the other hand a lot of people loved it because of its stupidity, so I would only recommend that you watch it if you're sure that's your type of humour and you're also willing to ignore the lack of basic logics in it

• by Redtape

I don’t remember seeing Sharknado 2 advertise, but when I saw the trailer for its prequel Sharknado for the very first time I was convinced the entire thing had to be a joke or one of those bad Syfy movies even with all the so-called rave reviews it had gotten from even some celebrities. First of all there was the concept of a tornado of living bloodthirsty sharks of all kinds and then there was the bad acting that had seeped into the trailer. I decided to see what the movies were about when the excitement over its prequel wouldn’t die down and Sharknado 2: The Second One, premiered on Syfy.

You don’t really have to watch its prequel in order to understand Sharknado 2: The Second One since the premise is so similar and the story seems to spill into this one. The movie begins where the hero, Fin Shepard, is on a plane returning from his ordeal with the

freak shark infested tornadoes in Los Angeles with his ex-wife, when one attacks the plane and it is forced to make an emergency landing in New York. However very soon after it lands Fin once again finds himself trying to save an entire city from the same disaster, as well as he is reacquainted with an old flame from high school.

Everything about this movie is so shamelessly terrible that watching it is equivalent to watching a bad car wreck happen. It was so awful that one side of my brain was screaming at me to turn the channel while at the same time I found myself paralyzed with a sort of morbid curiosity that pushed me into watching it till it ended. There’s even the bad irony of the hero’s first name and the premise of the movie.

The plot was possibly one of the worst I’ve ever seen in my entire life, so much so that I began to wonder if it was deliberately done. Absolutely nothing about the plot made any sense whatsoever. As I mentioned there was the concept of the presence of the living bloodthirsty sharks in the tornadoes which makes no sense for at least ten reasons. One of the main ones is that sharks are fish and there is not enough water in a tornado for a shark to survive in. Another glaring reason would have to be that basic physics would dictate that objects and living things both on the outside and in the centre of the tornado would be ripped apart by the force of the winds, including any sharks that decided to hitch a ride. However, let’s say we decided to ignore all those basic facts. I would at least expect there to be some ridiculous scientific explanation for the origin of these tornadoes and how the sharks are able to survive in them, but there never was. The rest of the ...

• Sharknado 2: The Second One (movie)
      plot is like a step-by-step method on how to make an extremely cliche and predictable disaster movie including having the main character and his ex-wife rekindle their love for each other. There is so much more to say about the plot but I thought one of the worst and most predictable parts was where Skye, Fin’s ex from high school sacrificed herself for him. It was made even worse for the fact that he barely acknowledged her sacrifice and went right back and proposed to the ex-wife before her body was even cold.

If and when you decide to watch it, you will notice that there are many familiar faces in Sharknado 2: The Second One. There is Vivica A. Fox who plays Skye, Tara Reid who plays April, Mark McGrath and a number of other celebrities, some of whom I haven’t seen in ages. However don’t think for one minute that means the acting is even in the “fairly good”

bracket. Everything is overdone and overacted even with the remotely good actors.

The effects were even worse than I expected them to be and were a cross between cheap and outdated as if the digital artists has gotten them from watching YouTube tutorials. All of the sharks looked so obviously computer generated that it was almost hilarious. I remember the scene after Skye dies, and Fin is blown off the roof nearly had me in tears partly because if reminded me of the graphics in a video game I used to play back in about 1997.

I really hope there are no more “Sharknado” movies after this one because my tolerance for stupid has decreased a lot over the past couple of years. On the other hand a lot of people loved it because of its stupidity, so I would only recommend that you watch it if you’re sure that’s your type of humour and you’re also willing to ignore the lack of basic logics in it.

Azriel says :

Oh my, are they serious? the first one was a total disaster and this is got to be a producer’s prank or something. The Sharknado was not a hit and almost all that watched this movie hated it to the core. Why would they even produce a new one?

Sri says :

The movie about sharks (swirling into the city with the tornado) has a hero named Fin? You got to be kidding me I was bored one day at home and wanted to watch a mindless movie and I sure got the right one. I never knew directors of such movies thought people are actually intellectually derailed to even appreciate a movie like this. Thankfully I didn’t watch the prequel.

Marg says :

Yes, he is also the bar owner.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1111081637070631/k2311a0811/8.11.14