Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner for Precious Metals 8 oz
0.5
  • I got married March, 2014 and July was the first time I decided to clean my rings
  • Besides the smell, the next thing I noticed was the fancy-pants dip tray that was inside
  • Finally, I found my rings and set them on the tray and dipped them

• by Deborah Timpanaro

I got married March, 2014 and July was the first time I decided to clean my rings. My rings are made of platinum - yes they are real! Be nice. Anyway, I went to Wal-Mart and picked up Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner for Precious Metals. The front of the container says, “for Gold, Platinum, Diamonds, and Precious Stones”. Great. It was just what I needed and, it was only $4.88 before tax. I asked the

lady behind the counter what she thought and she replied with, “It works great. Never had any complaints”. Well, she needs to read this summary!

I got home and opened the container. It smelled like a very light home perm. I’m not sure how, but that seemed pleasant to me. However, the description online calls it a “cosmetic fragrance”.

Besides the smell, the next thing I noticed was the fancy-pants dip tray that was inside. This is so you can remove your jewelry from the solution without putting your fingers in it. That’s pretty convenient right? Inside the handle you hold on to, there is a very small brush. It’s a pretty nifty thought, but this brush is IMPOSSIBLE to hold on to! I dropped my rings several times trying to hold on to this slippery thing and couldn’t find them for 10 minutes. UGGH! Finally, I found ...

• Connoisseurs Jewelry Cleaner for Precious Metals 8 oz
      my rings and set them on the tray and dipped them. Thirty seconds later I took them out. My first thought: My husband is going to push a non-precious stone out of his kidney when he sees this!

My rings were black and the brush would NOT take it off! I scrubbed and dropped the brush. Scrubbed and dropped the brush. I was so aggravated! I washed my rings with soap and water and

still, they were black. Finally, I took a S.O.S pad and very, very lightly buffed the black out. I should have used the S.O.S pad from the beginning!

I give this product a 1 out of 10. The 1 is for the smell that made me feel like I was in a salon. For me, it reminded me of a relaxing day. However, the rest of it was horrible! Boo, Connoisseurs! Shame on you!

michelle hurst says :

Thanks for sharing…glad I didn’t purchase that to clean my rings my husband would kill me.

Deborah replies :

You are welcome

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4511081637030631/k2311a0811/8.11.14