Clancy’s Tortilla Chips Nacho Cheese Flavored  » Food  »
  • One eleven ounce bag of Clancy's brand nacho tortilla chips at ALDI Food Market stores cost just one dollar and nineteen cents
  • I started buying these chips awhile back, and I have not yet been disappointed when picking up a bag
  • Sure, sometimes the chips appear a little more busted up than usual, but I've noticed that problem with other bagged chips too, so that's not an issue exclusive to this brand or this type of chip
  • I believe the nacho flavoring of these chips to be comparable to that of Doritos brand
  • I would definitely recommend these chips as an alternative to Doritos or to anybody that's looking for a crunchy, tasty nacho chip at a great price

• by CirclingCanvas

A lot of people, including myself, like a good chip snack now and again. Crunchy, fresh and tasty are all important qualities in a good chip, at least to me, anyway. Clancy’s Tortilla Chips Nacho Cheese Flavored chips satisfy all the aforementioned criteria while allowing me to save a little money as they are a lot cheaper than Doritos.

One eleven ounce bag of Clancy’s brand nacho tortilla chips at ALDI Food Market stores cost just one dollar and nineteen cents. That’s a great price in my view.

I started buying these chips awhile back, and I have not yet been disappointed when picking up a bag.

Sure, sometimes the chips appear a little more busted up than usual, but I’ve noticed that problem with other bagged chips too, so that’s not an issue exclusive to this brand or this type of chip.

I believe the nacho flavoring of these chips to be comparable to that of Doritos brand. If there is a difference, I don’t believe it to be overly noticeable.

I used to buy the nacho flavored Doritos before discovering the Clancy’s brand at ALDI, and I recall that when I made the switch, there wasn’t a distinguishable drop in quality, and that’s why I continued to buy the Clancy’s brand when I wanted a nacho chip. They taste good and that’s what mattered to me, along with the great price.

I also haven’t gotten a bag that tasted stale or less than fresh, so that too is important to me. Of course, I never had the misfortune of getting a stale-tasting bag of Doritos chips either, so that wasn’t a problem I had with that brand either.

The only issue I really had with the Doritos brand was the price!

I enjoy snacking on these nacho chips just as a snack or with a sandwich. Yes, they are kind of messy just like regular Doritos chips, so it helps ...

• Clancy's Tortilla Chips Nacho Cheese Flavored
      to have a napkin handy and also to keep an eye out for flying crumbs! One bag lasts me a couple of weeks at least as I don’t eat them everyday, but if you have others in your family that likes nacho-flavored chips, a bag may go quicker! Even once the air hits these chips, I’ve found that the longest I’ve held a opened bag, which I think was like a month and a half, the chips didn’t start to get stale or hard on me, so it’s good to know that I don’t have to hurriedly choke these chips down.

I don’t eat nacho-flavored chips with

salsa or dip, but if I did, these chips wouldn’t be ideal because they aren’t designed for dipping. Some chips now specifically are made with dipping in mind with how they are shaped, and with these, I think the smaller pieces would break when dipped due to the dip being heavier than the small pieces being able to sustain.

Still, I’m sure there are some out there that do dip these chips, and while it may be a little messy, I’m sure it’s doable! I would definitely recommend these chips as an alternative to Doritos or to anybody that’s looking for a crunchy, tasty nacho chip at a great price!

malary dulaney says :

re : One eleven ounce bag of Clancy’s brand nacho tortilla chips at ALDI Food Market stores cost just one dollar and nineteen cents
I love getting the opportunity to purchase this brand in stores over taste quality of most leading name brand products. Thank you for being a part of our family home.

CirclingCanvas replies :

It is a good value, isn’t it? I’m aware some shoppers don’t like trying anything other than name brands, but just because something isn’t a name brand, doesn’t mean it’s lacking in quality always. Sure, that may be the case sometimes, but certainly not all the time. You never know until you try

Fernando Gozalo says :

re : I would definitely recommend these chips as an alternative to Doritos or to anybody that’s looking for a crunchy, tasty nacho chip at a great price
I agree with your opinion and I will never get tired of eating this tortilla nacho chips because I love the taste of them and also love the great price. I think that compared to Doritos this are great chips because they are cheaper and also the bag more filled up with chips than the ones referred before. This tortilla chips really go well with all kinds of sauces and I specially like them dipped with ranch sauce.

CirclingCanvas replies :

Sometimes, the name brand product truly is superior, but this is one of those instances where the “off brand” is not only equal in quality, but also comes at a better value.

Fernando Gozalo says :

re : Sure, sometimes the chips appear a little more busted up than usual, but I’ve noticed that problem with other bagged chips too, so that’s not an issue exclusive to this brand or this type of chip
I kind of disagree with you because I have not noticed busted up chips in this brand and I think that this chips give good consistency and that they do not broke often wich is good for dipping them in sauce because everybody gets annoyed when chip breaks while dipping it.

CirclingCanvas replies :

It’s not too common of a problem and I think it probably just happens sometimes due to the chips not being shipped in the most secure ways possible or handled with the best of care. It’s not a big issue, though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277081636900231/k2311a087/8.7.14