Boulder Drawstring Trash Bags  » Housewares  »
3.3
  • Compared to the cost of comparable Hefty and Glad drawstring trash bags, that's quite a bit cheaper, and compared to store brand trash bags, such as Walmart's Great Value brand, the price is still lower, although the difference in price isn't as significant
  • Unfortunately, the Boulder brand trash bags are not like this, and that might make enough of a difference for some to prefer to go with or stick with the name brand scented trash bags
  • I know that some of the cheaper trash bags are sold without drawstrings, and the lack of drawstrings can be inconvenient
  • I have and will continue to purchase these trash bags and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for a basic, reliable brand of trash bags

• by CirclingCanvas

The Boulder Drawstring Trash Bags can be purchased at ALDI Food Market stores for four dollars and ninety-nine cents. In one box comes twenty-eight thirty gallon bags. Compared to the cost of comparable Hefty and Glad drawstring trash bags, that’s quite a bit cheaper, and compared to store brand trash bags, such as Walmart’s Great Value brand, the price is still lower, although the difference in price isn’t as significant. It was the lower price and good value that convinced me to give these trash bags a try in the first place.

These trash bags are pure black and unscented. Admittedly, the name brand scented trash bags are quite nice as they do a superior job of containing

odors and not only that, but are scented with pleasant smells, so when tossing something in the trash can, you aren’t smelling the actual trash, instead, you smell whatever scent the bags have been lined with. Unfortunately, the Boulder brand trash bags are not like this, and that might make enough of a difference for some to prefer to go with or stick with the name brand scented trash bags.

For those individuals that are on a budget though and are looking to keep some extra money in their pocket for other things, these trash bags do serve the basic purpose that a trash bag is intended to serve: they hold trash and the bags don’t rip easily. Now if something particularly jagged or heavy gets tossed in one, it may rip, but they seem to be around as sturdy as a typical Hefty or Glad trash bag. Plus, those that would prefer to keep what’s being tossed in the bags a secret, the shade of black is dark enough so that nobody will know what’s in your trash.

I wouldn’t have purchased these trash bags had they not had the drawstrings. I know that some of the cheaper trash bags are sold without drawstrings, and the lack of drawstrings can be inconvenient. The drawstrings on the Boulder trash bags are reasonably strong, so they shouldn’t snap on you while carrying the bag unless the bag is especially ...

• Boulder Drawstring Trash Bags
      heavy, and if the bag is that heavy, then the bag itself will probably rip, not just the drawstrings. The drawstrings, when tied, seem to seal the bags reasonably well.

The Boulder Drawstring Trash Bags are versatile trash bags that can be used for either inside trash or outside, such as when raking leaves. I have not experienced any issues with them and feel that the Boulder brand of trash bags is a good choice for those that are on budget. I personally do prefer the scented trash bags, but considering how much they cost at regular price, it’s sometimes hard to justify spending that much money on trash bags, but if I can get them on sale

and with a coupon, they’re good to have and use occasionally.

Most times though, I’ll go with this brand and this kind of trash bag. I feel the price is fair for the number and size of bags that come in a box and the quality is good enough for me. They do what I need them to do, whether I’m using them inside the house or outside and the drawstrings make it easy and quick for me to tie off a bag tightly and toss it in the trash can outside. I have and will continue to purchase these trash bags and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for a basic, reliable brand of trash bags.

Karen Sivak says :

I bought a 40 bag Boulder Tall Kitchen Drawstring flex odor (lavender scent) which do not have a drawstring at all. There is a red top but no opening to pull a drawstring too. So I tried to cut a small slit but that didn’t work either. I have bad arthritis in my hands and this is hard for me to try. Basically I wasted my money on these bags. They are also do not have any scent. The scan mark on the box says 041498212797. That is ALL that is on this box. I would like someone to address this issue.

CirclingCanvas replies :

You will need to return the product to the Aldi location that you purchased them from, along with your receipt. Once there, ask a cashier or employee working on the sales floor for a manager. Explain the issue to the manager and he or she will, in all likelihood, refund you your money and replace the product. I hope it gets taken care of for you.

Karen Sivak says :

I bought these awhile ago and I do not keep receipts for items like this. I just won’t buy them ever again. What a waste of money

CirclingCanvas replies :

You can still try returning the product to the Aldi that you purchased it from. While I don’t know if it will do any good, you could still try. Alternatively, if you don’t want to make a trip up to the Aldi just to see if the store will refund your money, you can go online to the Aldi website and look up the phone number of the store via the store locator and call to see if the store will refund or replace the item without the receipt.

Jody says :

I bought aldi trash bags about a month ago and when I pulled the bags out it was just a long piece of plastic..it has happened 4xs in the same box . for the size of the plastic pulled out I could have had 8 bags..never had this happen to me from any other brand I bought from Walmart. I guess that’s why its cheap..bc its defective four times..so I got 32 bags basically out of a 40 bag box.

CirclingCanvas replies :

You should return the trash bags to Aldi. Aldi will give you a new box of trash bags and refund your money. I wouldn’t give up on the trash bags just yet… that could have simply been a fluke. Now if it happens to you again, then I would say there is a real issue with quality control.

Jennifer Ey says :

re : I have and will continue to purchase these trash bags and I would recommend them to anyone that is looking for a basic, reliable brand of trash bags
Hello,
I’ve got a question. Does anyone have a customer service number for this company. I’m wondering if it would be safe to transport clean clothes in these bags. I’m wondering if they will give off any chemicals onto the clothing if I did so.

CrclingCanvas replies :

Visit aldi.us and click on the Customer Service tab. Then, once the page loads, click on the Contact Us tab. You can then choose to either contact the company via e-mail or regular postal mail. There is no phone number listed, unfortunately. You may be able to get a phone number from your local Aldi though by speaking with a manager at the store. Good luck.

Tom L says :

Your large trash drawstring bahs are absolute garbage, everytime i go to pull the string to tie one, one of them rips and i cant close the bag so i have to use another one to seal up the trash. Its not the first time ive had this problem with your product. I will be changing brands, sorry but make a better bag

CirclingCanvas replies :

You’re doing what any smart consumer would and that’s change brands. If the quality of a product goes down and you feel like you’re no longer getting your moneys worth, then the wise thing to do is try another brand. Sometimes, a company changes how a product is made and the change isn’t for the better, unfortunately.

Joe says :

Boulder 80 bag 13 Gallon four flap. it could have 20 flaps. They SUCK .
Every bag has 4 holes in it. It is sad that we buy stuff just to throw it away. (garbage bags) but when they are defective, leak in the garbage can, leak on the floor. They could be FREE, I would not buy again. BOULDERS GARBAGE

Janet M Dennis says :

I have been using Tall Kitchen Drawstring bags for a long time. The last 2 boxes of these bags keep tearing and I am not putting more trash than usual.These boxes are just not worth buying anymore. Always buy box with 40 bags. Just wanted you to know I will not be purchasing these anymore because I am wasting too many.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536081636771231/k2311a086/8.6.14