L’oven Fresh Lemon Loaf Cake  » Food  »
  • It was soft, and while it seemed a little on the dry side, it wasn't at all bad for the amount of money I paid
  • It wasn't overpowering, more like mildly sweet, but I could definitely taste the lemon, so I was glad I could taste more lemon than sugar
  • I think I like it more than the butter loaf cake variety, also sold under the L'oven Fresh brand at ALDI, but that cake is good, too
  • I'm pretty happy with this lemon loaf cake and would recommend it to any person that likes both the flavor of lemons and soft cakes

• by CirclingCanvas

The L’oven Fresh Lemon Loaf Cake is sold at ALDI Food Market stores for two dollars and eighty-nine cents. In one package comes ten slices. That seemed like a good price to me and the cake both looked and sounded good, so I went ahead and purchased a package. The lemon loaf cake sounded like something that would go nice as a light dessert or even as something that I could have with breakfast, as

it reminded me of pound cake, and when I was young, one of my uncles got me in the habit of sometimes having a slice of pound cake with breakfast.

The cake pieces looked reasonably fresh in appearance and although I knew the cake probably wouldn’t be as moist or fresh-tasting as a homemade one, I still was able to enjoy it. It was soft, and while it seemed a little on the dry side, it wasn’t at all bad for the amount of money I paid. The cake slices came apart pretty easily, so it can be a little messy with crumbs if you’re not careful. I liked the lemon taste, too. It wasn’t overpowering, more like mildly sweet, but I could definitely taste the lemon, so I was glad I could taste more lemon than sugar. It’s nice now and again to have a piece of cake that’s not ...

• L'oven Fresh Lemon Loaf Cake
      too rich.

I have found that I can enjoy this lemon cake at any time during the day. It goes well with simple breakfasts like toast and eggs, it can serve as a standalone dessert if I just want something a little sweet and not at all heavy and I’ve even paired it with other desserts, like ice cream. I think I like it more than the butter loaf cake variety, also sold under the

L’oven Fresh brand at ALDI, but that cake is good, too! I just happen to find the lemon variety to be a little more refreshing due to the lemon taste. It’s odd to describe a cake as refreshing, but the lemony taste seems to have that effect, at least for me. I’m pretty happy with this lemon loaf cake and would recommend it to any person that likes both the flavor of lemons and soft cakes!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 274081636600431/k2311a084/8.4.14