IRIS 3 Tier Wire Cat Cage (white)  » Pets  »
  • After extensive research I bought this cage
  • It fits our 12.5 pound beast in it with no problem
  • She always preferred a covered box and I highly recommend them because this unit is hard to clean
  • The doesn't use either much more anymore but I like the fact that she has the option
  • I truly believe it's the best cage we could have gotten for our needs

by Crystal

My cat was going through a rough spell after we brought home a puppy. She decided to urinate all over the house and on everything you could possibly think of. I’m pretty sure she felt like she had nothing of her own and needed to mark absolutely everything she came in contact with. I didn’t want to cage her but needed to end the pee-fit.

After extensive research I bought this cage. We started her in it for several days until she stopped peeing around the house. I will say that as much as we love this cage, it can’t be the only place your cat is allowed because she wasn’t getting enough exercise. She developed a stiff leg so we decided to give her a second chance around a small loft area in the house that the cage was in. The peeing stopped and she actually looks forward to hanging out in her cage by her choice. We only close her in at night and she is more than happy to be in it.

• IRIS 3 Tier Wire Cat Cage, White
  • As you can see form this picture, it is very decently sized. It fits our 12.5 pound beast in it with no problem. It actually is designed to be very sturdy and supports her with no problem. One of the 2 trays did crack on the end because the way she jumps up on it but it still works fine. There’s enough room for her to get up on both tiers and hang out however she wants. I will say that there is a reasonable amount of room between the trays so if you have a less flexible cat they won’t be able to jump that well onto the trays. Really small kittens and overweight cats may have some trouble.

• IRIS 3 Tier Wire Cat Cage, White
  • There’s plenty of room for a litter box on the bottom of it. We chose a corner one to maximize the amount of room she has to walk around. She always preferred a covered box and I highly recommend them because this unit is hard to clean.

The plastic bottom and wire sides do wipe down easily but the cage is a pain to lift up to clean between the wire and the tray. That’s the biggest downside to this cage. There’s really no easy way to clean in the nooks and crannies on the bottom because you have to unlatch it, remove the cage itself, then wipe the area. It’s easier done with two people but one person can manage.

• IRIS 3 Tier Wire Cat Cage, White
  • We decided that as roomy as this cage is, it just wasn’t big enough for her. If she was going to be sleeping in it at night, she needed something more spacious. We bought a medium sized dog crate from petco and dummy rigged it with wire ties so she can walk back and before between the two cages with no problem. That’s what’s great about this cage is that there are several pieces that you can remove as well as panels to customize it to your liking.

• IRIS 3 Tier Wire Cat Cage, White
  • The cage did not come with any accessories so we added our own. This bowl worked great to attach to the cage but we will only put dry food in it. It’s too much of a pain to remove the bowl to clean constantly for water. We put a wet food/water bowl off to the side for her. She has ample room to jump up and eat. When she’s done she lets herself out through the middle door.

• IRIS 3 Tier Wire Cat Cage, White
  • One of the worst parts about this set up was figuring out how to put it together. I only say that though because of the clasps. They are VERY difficult and you need to really push hard to attach them. They come with two different types and the one on the bottom is the hardest. You sort of have to pull and push at the same time but they make it so that it is very secure. In doing so, it keeps the unit together well but hurts your hands very much so in the meantime.

• IRIS 3 Tier Wire Cat Cage, White
  • We added a scratch post and hammock on the top rack. The doesn’t use either much more anymore but I like the fact that she has the option. The metal frame supports both quite well and there’s plenty of options as far as accessories go.

Overall I am happy with this purchase because it has helped our girl with her very serious problem. It gives he enough moving room for a few hours a day when we have to close her up and gives her her own space away from everything. Sometimes we catch our other cat sharing her littler box or bed but she seems fine with that.

We bought it on sale from amazon but the retail price is 196.99. I truly believe it’s the best cage we could have gotten for our needs. I recommend it to anyone who needs to crate their cat for a portion of each day or night.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 294081636550431/k2311a084/8.4.14