Petco Essentials Tropical Scent 160 Count Bath Wipes for Dogs  » Pets  »
  • I found these wipes in the store the other day and they seemed like a good deal
  • I got them on sale but their regular price is around 16 USD for the large tub and I think that price is fine for what you are getting

• by Crystal

I’ve used several bath wipes in the past for my golden retriever who tends to get very muddy paws with stuck on dirt but discontinued using them because they were just costing too much money. I found these wipes in the store the other day and they seemed like a good deal. I got them on sale but their regular price is around 16 USD for the large tub and I think that price is fine for what you are getting.

For starters, they stay moist. I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve opened up a tub of wipes for my dog and they are only slightly moist. That being said other

wipes dry up quicker as well. These are moister than most and stay moist for awhile. I personally like them to be a little wetter than they are straight out of the tub though because my dog’s paws are huge but if they aren’t overly dirty one wipes will do. If there’s a lot of mud than forget it; we would need more wipes. Even so, I still find myself using less of these wipes than some other brands.

They are also decently sized compared to others but I would still prefer them to be bigger. They are advertised as 8×7 inches and it really is a decent size but again, she has big paws. This size would be oversized for smaller paws and I think if the company really wanted to market these wipes than they could make some larger ones geared towards big dog. I haven’t really seen that anywhere yet but I think these wipes would be good for that sort of promo.

They have the cleaning power to sell and bring me back as a customer. The ingredients are not harsh on her skin and she doesn’t seem to mind being wiped with them at all. I actually use them on her paws after every walk. She gets very dry cracked feet especially in the winter so it’s important ...

• Petco Essentials Tropical Scent 160 Count Bath Wipes for Dogs
      to have alcohol free wipes, which these are. They also include aloe in them which is a known soothing cleanser. These really help in the winter too because our condo complex has a really bad habit of using super harsh salt, a lot of it, on our steps and driveways. She gets to the point where she will actually limp around outside and when I bring her in I immediately wipes her with these. They do a good job of getting the salt off but I do actually wet them a little bit more to be more thorough.

They have a nice tropical smell to them but not overpowering. I don’t think there

are enough odor neutralizers in them to really deodorize her coat though when using them as bath wipes. They do clean her and get extra hair off but the doggy smell, if it’s prominent, will still linger a bit. Overall we are happy with their performance and will buy them again.

One thing to note is that the dispenser is pretty easy to load but when pulling the wipes through I advise using two hands. If you don’t, too much of the next wipe will come through and it will be harder to close the top. You would have to push the wipes back through the hole which is less than desirable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 294081636460431/k2311a084/8.4.14