Glad ForceFlex OdorShield Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags  » Housewares  »
  • The pros definitely outweigh the cons with this particular bag but both are worth noting
  • In my experience, if you are regular with changing your garbage the odorshield definitely does its job
  • I have noticed that these bags seem to have gotten a little but thinner than when I first started buying them and I think that lets a little but more odor escape
  • I did once make the mistake of thinking that these bags would be able to hold sharp objects pushing against it but I was unfortunately wrong in that respect

• by Crystal

I’ve tried a lot of different garbage bags in my time. While many of them have their pros and cons they also have their consistencies and inconsistencies. This particular garbage bag is a very great example of this.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons with this particular bag but both are worth noting. For starters, one might think that the odorshield is a gimmick. It all depends on how you look at it. Yes garbage will always smell like garbage but these bags really help minimize the amount you are smelling. They are endorsed with a febreze odor neutralizer that I wouldn’t say so much neutralizes it as

it does mask it. Either way, when you take a new garbage bag out to put in your garbage, it definitely has a very inviting smell; one you would not usually associate with a garbage.

In my experience, if you are regular with changing your garbage the odorshield definitely does its job. If you wait too long then the foul smell of garbage will still protrude through. I have noticed that these bags seem to have gotten a little but thinner than when I first started buying them and I think that lets a little but more odor escape. It’s peculiar though because it only seems that way with certain boxes which makes me think that certain batches may not have been manufactured as well. Also, if you happen to have a particularly filthy load of garbage, then the odorshield fragrance will actually combine itself with the garbage smell making it smell like perfume scented garbage. It’s not always the nicest smell. Also the fragrance in the bags only lasts a short period of time which, again, is great if you change your garbage enough but not so great if you want it to last.

Aside from the smell, the function is noticeably better than the cheaper garbage bags because they have this unique diamond pattern that allows the bags to stretch more and ...

• Glad ForceFlex OdorShield Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
      hold more. This is absolutely not a gimmick. I find that if you put large blunt object forcefully into this bag is will contain them and not rip without any problems. Whereas if you did this with other types of garbage bags, such blunt objects will absolutely punch through the bag.

I did once make the mistake of thinking that these bags would be able to hold sharp objects pushing against it but I was unfortunately wrong in that respect. It doesn’t matter how durable this garbage bag claims to be, if you have something sharp pushing on the sides it will punch a hole through it just like it

would any other garbage bag.

These bags are standard drawstring bags and fit any 13 gallon type garbage can I have tried it on. They are much better than the tie-type bags and do hold up much better to pulling a heavy load out of the trash can. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve ripped the handles on garbage bags trying to pull them out of the can. These hold up much better and are a life saver in that respect.

I usually buy mine from shop rite or amazon and you can get a big 68 count box for between 13 and 15 USD. They are definitely worth checking out.

Tonya Ryan says :

I Love These Trash Bags. Because I don’t have to worry about rips and tears or leaks. Very well made. My favorite trash bags. I wish they were made bigger.

Rebecca Lee says :

Where can I get these bags in bulk? I go through the boxes that I buy from Wal-Mart so quickly. Where can I get these in larger boxes?

Cindy Wheeler says :

Sam’s Club has them in a box of 130ct for $ 15.48, I don’t know if that is any better than you are paying now, if you don’t have a Sams you can order from them and pay for a membership just for however long you need it.
Look for a discounted deal for a membership if you are interested.You may want to also check out the other bulk stores before you buy anything, Check Costco, and B.J.s.

If you haven’t shopped at a club store before you can find everything from health and beauty aids to caskets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330071636170231/k2311a0730/7.30.14