Care One at Valley Senior Care Facility
300 Old Hook Road, Westwood, NJ 07675
  • Having recently moved my elderly 92 year old grandfather to this senior care facility and getting a real good idea of how they operate, I can safely say they are the best nursing home I have seen
  • I think he thought he was going to some resort and he wasn't expecting the spackle on the walls etc. Literally after a couple days he was all settled in and now admits he is happy and getting good care there
  • His favorite aspect about it is the fine dining
  • Unfortunately that dining room isn't open on the weekends though and he makes it known to me that he doesn't like that
  • If you don't have long term insurance or medicaid then it will cost about 400 dollars a day minimum out of pocket for a person to stay there

• by Crystal

Having recently moved my elderly 92 year old grandfather to this senior care facility and getting a real good idea of how they operate, I can safely say they are the best nursing home I have seen. I have a lot to base it on because through my experiences with relatives I have been to and involved with many nursing home facilities. None of them compare to this one. They are currently under renovation but even with the heavy duty construction it still blows away the other facilities.

I recently posted a review about the Care One center in Cresskill that he was in and I was not happy with it. Over the past couple of weeks he has moved to this facility and it has been a godsend. My grandfather is NOT by any means easy to please. Based on that, for him to say he is okay with being in this facility means the world to everyone and makes me want to give this

place the highest praise ever imagined.

When he first got there he was very irate. At first look, he said we were basically putting him in a dump. I think he thought he was going to some resort and he wasn’t expecting the spackle on the walls etc. Literally after a couple days he was all settled in and now admits he is happy and getting good care there.

His favorite aspect about it is the “fine dining.” They have a few dining rooms there and there is one in particular that he is very fond of. He says when he goes to the big dining room there’s a lot of people that fall asleep after they eat and that makes him feel uncomfortable. He explained that the staff approached him and asked if he wanted to go to another dining room. Once he was in the other dining room he said there was fewer people there and it was like eating in a fancy restaurant.

He proceeded to tell me that that brought him a little menu card with his choices for the meal as they do in fine restaurants. He loved the food and couldn’t be happier with it. Unfortunately that dining room isn’t open on the weekends though and he makes it known to me that he doesn’t like that. I like it though because it gives him something to look forward to during the week.

Another great plus is that he absolutely loves the physical therapy he is receiving there. His therapists are gentle with him but push him enough that he feels like he is accomplishing something. In his words, he said “It gives me a reason to get up everyday.” I can’t remember the last time my grandfather actually looked forward to something a much as he does the therapy and dining room.

Aside from the meals and therapy, the nurses, aids and doctors are incredibly compassionate and attentive. When trying to contact the social ...

• Care One at Valley Senior Care Facility
      workers and doctors in the other place he was in it took literally a week for them to get back to us. Within a very short amount of time and definitely at most a few hours, they will call us back with the most up to date information. They encourage us to come talk to them to get to know everything a little better and concentrate on what’s best for my grandfather.

While we were there on our first visit, their main Dr, Dr Suri made it a point to come see us and really knew how to talk to my grandfather. She knew what made him react a certain way and I can tell she took the best approach in getting him to do what she needed. She didn’t push him but was headstrong enough to make him listen.

This is a top rated medicaid facility. For now we are paying cash for his care there but eventually he will have to go on medicaid which is

why we had to put him in a medicaid facility. If you don’t have long term insurance or medicaid then it will cost about 400 dollars a day minimum out of pocket for a person to stay there. Single occupancy rooms are 60 dollars more a day. It costs a pretty penny but most of these places are like that, only in this one you are getting better care.

I would also like to point out that he didn’t like his initial room mate and had his room changed within a week. He is now in another room and waiting for yet again another room to open up in the permanent wing of the facility. They are accommodating his wishes as best they can and making him as comfortable as possible until the long term wing opens up with a suitable roommate with a larger room.

This is a great facility and I couldn’t ask for a more caring place for my grandfather to go to in his elder years.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4130071636160231/k2311a0730/7.30.14