Jacoby and Morris DDS Dentistry, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ
119 First Street, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ 07423 , (201) 652-7711
  • I found out that I had a cavity and Dr Morris had to fill it for me
  • He makes it a point to take his time and I’ve noticed he has become a lot more efficient as well
  • He did a great inspection of my teeth and analyzed any issue I told him I might be having
  • He explained that he could get a customized bite guard but it would cost a fortune and to try the route of an over the counter one from the store
  • This practice is definitely an A+ dentistry place and I would recommend it to anyone

• by Crystal

I started going to Jacoby and Morris Dentistry many years ago when Dr Justin Morris was fresh out of his dental residency. He came into the practice with Dr Jacoby and was recommended to me by family members who knew him personally. I have to say he has always been a top notch Dentist and has come a very long way in his career.

When I first started going to these dentists I just went for a checking and clean up. I found out that I had a cavity and Dr Morris had to fill it for me. He did an outstanding job. He knew I was a little bit nervous so he explained how the numbing agents and procedures have come such a long way. I explained I was so nervous about the Novocain needle going into my gums as I have only had one cavity in the past but that was the most painful part about it. He explained that they have a topical numbing agent to numb the needle feeling and it really works great. He was absolutely right, I barely felt a thing except a little bit of pressure and sensitivity. I have been

to several orthodontists, surgeons and dentists and he by far was the most gentle one of them all. He really took his time in each and every step he did.

Further in his career and years later he is still performing in the same exceptional way as he did when fresh out of med school. He makes it a point to take his time and I’ve noticed he has become a lot more efficient as well. I guess that comes with experience.

A few years back I had a really bad protruding upper wisdom tooth that needed to be pulled. I was literally freaking out about it. He took the time to calm me down first and really talk to me. I could tell he absolutely cared about my feelings. He also was very gentle on the procedure and kept the pain to a minimum.

In the event that I needed to see the dentist and Dr Morris wasn’t there, I did see Dr Jacoby on occasion. He does not take quite as much personal time as Dr Morris but he is still ever so sweet and absolutely gentle as well. He did a great inspection of

my teeth and analyzed any issue I told him I might be having.

Another great effort by Dr Morris is that he will explore every angle if something is bothering you. I had really bad jaw pain and sensitivity in my teeth and he concluded I was teeth grinding in my teeth. He did a few tests to see if that was it and told me all my options. He explained that he could get a customized bite guard but it would cost a fortune and to try the route of an over the counter one from the store. He explained the pros and cons of each and helped me to understand the best route possible.

I love their hygienist, Denise, as well. He is very thorough on the cleaning and while she is a sweetheart, she won’t hesitate to make sure she tells us the rules of proper brushing and cleaning. It is more of her job to be cut and dry about what we might be doing wrong and how to properly handle our teeth and she is phenomenal at explaining things. One time Denise wasn’t available for a cleaning and while I know cleaning is not Dr ...

• Jacoby and Morris DDS Dentistry, Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ
      Morris’s favorite venture he knew I really wanted the cleaning done and made it point to squeeze me in the same day to take care of it.

He also handled an extremely hard cavity case that my had taken a toll on my husband since he was a child that 3 other dentists couldn’t figure out. He cleared up the case without sending him to a root canal specialist and my husband has been fine since.

Their main insurance is Delta Dental and I have noticed that is pretty common with dentists. Any dentist I’ve been to primarily subscribes with Delta Dental. It’s no different than any of the other dental practices I’ve been to in that respect and their prices are pretty much all the same from what I have seen. I will however make note that an extremely important aspect of Jacoby and Morris is that they will absolutely work with you on cost if you don’t have Delta dental. I have an insurance company through my husband’s job that includes dental (though not Delta) and they said they would take whatever the insurance paid out. In the event that the insurance did not cover the procedures or they only

paid a small amount, they will work with you to make payment plans or reduce the cost if you explain your situation to them.

My husband’s cavity required a very special two day procedure and in the end it cost over 700 dollars that insurance barely helped out on. Considering everything that was done and the fact that 3 other doctors couldn’t figure it out, I don’t think that was a bad deal. Also consider the fact that he wound up no longer being in pain after his dental work healed… an issue he was having for years. We would’ve gladly paid the amount if we had the money but unfortunately we were in a bit of a financial situation. We explained everything to them and they basically took a few hundred off the bill and wrote it off. Again, I would have gladly paid it because it is only right and more than reasonable; but we were basically a charity case for them for this particular procedure.

This practice is definitely an A+ dentistry place and I would recommend it to anyone. If you’re interested in finding a new dentist that absolutely takes the time for their patients, then check it out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4130071636140231/k2311a0730/7.30.14