Crock-Pot 4 Cup Double Dipper Slow Cooker  » Housewares  »
  • I recommend this unit if you are a big dip server and your guests are known to gobble them down
  • If you wanted to do chocolate I suggest leaving it on the pot for a very short amount of time and then putting the tray itself on a heat safe coaster/plate so it doesn't burn the table and then using it without the unit plugged in

• by Crystal

I can’t even remember how many times I’ve attempted to serve hot microwaveable dips and kept having to reheat them throughout the night because they cool down so fast. I’ve even tried to use my own double boiler type of method to see if they stay heated longer that way than in a microwave. Both methods give temporary results and with some dips, you really just need them to stay warm or they won’t taste the same. With this mini crock pot it makes it totally do-able.

I recommend this unit if you are a big dip server and your guests are known to gobble them down. That is because it has the

option of two different dips at one time so you can make two different dips and put out two different types of chips etc. I actually made it a fondue sort of party appetizer once with a cheese dip and a ranch dip and for dessert I washed it out real quick and put a chocolate sauce in.

I will say that although it served its purpose I do not recommend using it with a chocolate sauce. The chocolate sort of scorched and didn’t taste as good as if you bought an actual fondue pot. The cheese sauce worked pretty well but it did get VERY hot and the bottom burned a little bit. With cheese, that’s more acceptable than with something sweet like chocolate. If you wanted to do chocolate I suggest leaving it on the pot for a very short amount of time and then putting the tray itself on a heat safe coaster/plate so it doesn’t burn the table and then using it without the unit plugged in. That way it will keep the chocolate warmer for a little longer without completely scorching it.

Since the dips get so hot you have to make sure you don’t put it anywhere where kids can get it. I also recommend spooning the dips out and allowing them to cool for several minutes before serving to children ...

• Crock-Pot 4 Cup Double Dipper Slow Cooker
      or they will literally burn the inside of their mouth. Although it does have two temperature settings I feel like even the minimum amount of heat makes it a little too hot.

With all that being said, it still recommend it because like I previously stated, some dips are just meant to stay hot throughout the night and can’t unless you continuously find a way to heat them up. With this little Crock Pot it makes it more than possible to not have to keep tending to it. I did find that the thicker and lumpier the dip, the better it heats. With the more waterier type of dips, it will bubble

a bit so you have to be careful.

This is not the type of crock pot you can actually cook food in though because it is just too small. It is not meant for cooking food for a reason. Even though it gets pretty hot I wouldn’t trust uncooked meat in it either because it might just not reach ideal temperature to cook through. I’m sure it will soften vegetable but it would take a long time.

Overall I do recommend checking this out if you are a “dip” serving person. It’s only 19.99 from Bed Bath and Beyond and worth it for what you get. Just keep my tips in mind and it should work out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5329071636100431/k2311a0729/7.29.14