Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • I bought the Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner (pink bottle) a few months ago
  • It can be bought at most any superstore or drugstore so it is a convenient purchase
  • The price is very good for students or lower income people, as it only cost $3.99 at most stores
  • Another problem I had with this product was that my hair really lacked softness and manageability

• by Heather Fraser

I bought the Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner (pink bottle) a few months ago. I usually don’t buy Herbal Essences but decided to give it a try because they all smell wonderful. It can be bought at most any superstore or drugstore so it is a convenient purchase. There is also a large selection of scents to choose from which

is always nice. The price is very good for students or lower income people, as it only cost $3.99 at most stores. Not only does herbal essences carry shampoo and conditioner, but also many other styling products such as mouse and hairspray so you can layer the scent as you choose.

However now after using Color Me Happy for two months I would not buy it again. It is worth the extra dollar or two to go with a different brand if you have colored hair as it does not give you the protection you need. I colored my hair a dark brown (naturally strawberry blonde) and it faded after five weeks when typically my hair color lasts at least eight weeks. Another problem I had ...

• Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner
      with this product was that my hair really lacked softness and manageability. I have fine hair so it is naturally fairly soft but this product left it dry and difficult to brush, even when wet. The knots in my hair were more frequent when I was using Color Me Happy than any other time. I was needing to deep condition twice as
      often as I normally did.

Because of this, I was using more product than normal so the cheap price of the product was balanced out with the amount that I had to use. It would be a better value to buy a product that is a couple dollars more expensive and get the value from it that Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner is lacking.

Deborah says :

Herbal Essences Color Me Happy Conditioner did not impress me at all. It was like washing my hair with “hotel” conditioner. I must admit that the different scents were nice, however, it was thin and did not penetrate my hair well. My hair is very long and I tend to process it quite a bit so it is very brittle. I expected it to at least make it manageable. Not manageable and not soft. Very disappointing.

The price: NOT BAD However you have to use a lot of the product to see any result at all. You are better off spending a little more for a much better product, as the author stated above.

I would never buy this product again. There are a substantial amount of products far better than this that will achieve greater results for a few cents to a dollar more.

kayla says :

re : Another problem I had with this product was that my hair really lacked softness and manageability
My hair is very picky. I have to find the right products to make my hair not full of knots and feel like horse hair. Some products I can’t brush my hair at all the brush gets stuck. This product made me very happy

Deborah says :

Hi Kayla Just a tip for you… After several uses of a product, they tend to stop working. I switch products every few months so that I don’t get build up. If you want to try another product, try L’oreal Total Repair Extreme Reconstructing shampoo and conditioner. They are $ 5.98 per bottle at Wal-Mart and are amazing. It would be about four dollars more than your current brand (for both), but it works very well for me. I posted a review on it. It may be that you would be happy switching between them both?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128071636060331/k2311a0728/7.28.14