Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash  » Cosmetics  »
  • With this problem I have ultimately tried very powerful face washes and scrubs only to have my problem become worse
  • I definitely don't think that this will fight the pimples on anyone with an acne overload as usually they require prescription medication but if you simply just have over oily glands then this wash will make you feel much cleaner
  • I got it in my eye area once and it was not a pleasant experience
  • I know you're supposed to use facial moisturizer regardless of skin type and with certain washes I especially feel that way after using them

• by Crystal

I have been an avid user of Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash for some time now. Even when I’m so inclined to try a new face wash here and there I always find my way back to Basis. I have a problem with very oily skin. So oily that right after I wash it I get an oil build up within a short period of time. With this problem I have ultimately tried very powerful face washes and scrubs only to have my problem become worse. If I use something too strong, it dries my face out horrible but still there seems to be a

rapid reproduction of oil. That means I have oily and flaky skin together. I find this worsens with washes that contain salicylic acid and strong chemicals for acne. Basis does not contain these chemicals and thus is much better on my skin. I use it twice a day and still have not seen much if any drying whatsoever.

The problem I’ve had with other cleansers that don’t contain the stronger chemicals is that it does not fight the acne as efficiently. Basis, while not containing the chemicals, does a fine job of controlling my acne. Sure I will still get the occasional pimple but it keeps most of them at bay. I definitely don’t think that this will fight the pimples on anyone with an acne overload as usually they require prescription medication but if you simply just have over oily glands then this wash will make you feel much cleaner.

Every so often if I want a deeper clean I will add a little exfoliating scrub to it and the combination really gets deep down into the pores. The smell is also desirable as it is not overpowering and doesn’t linger. It’s not too sweet or bitter and reminds me of citrus plants. It also lasts a LONG time because a small ...

• Basis Cleaner Clean Face Wash
      drop goes such a long way. It annoys me when products say to apply a small drop and I wind up having to use a handful to get the job done. This product really does only require a small drop. It is also very reasonably priced averaging around 4 USD a tube at local grocery stores.

I would also like to add that it does a fine job of removing makeup. I’m not a big blush or foundation user but will apply on special occasions. A lot of cleansers will either totally strip my skin or leave build up on it still. This wash will

remove my face makeup completely without leaving a stripped feeling on my face. Just make sure you don’t use it as an eye make up remover. I got it in my eye area once and it was not a pleasant experience.

I know you’re supposed to use facial moisturizer regardless of skin type and with certain washes I especially feel that way after using them. With this wash I don’t feel like it is absolutely necessary to use facial moisturizer afterwards.

I also enjoy their addition of lemongrass. Anything that has a lemony scent makes me feel more refreshed. Lemon based ingredients are very powerful for the skin and inner health.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128071635990331/k2311a0728/7.28.14