Bubba Gump shrimp restaurant at Pier 39 in San Francisco Ca  » Restaurants  »
39 Pier San Francisco, CA 94124
  • Want some amazing shrimp and great customer service
  • While we waited he also made the experience of eating there fun by having us partake in a Forrest Gump quiz
  • I think I died and went to heaven eating this, yes it was that good

• by Racheal Rickman

Want some amazing shrimp and great customer service? If you answered yes to both of those questions then Bubba Gump Shrimp Co at Pier 39 in San Francisco Ca is the place you want to go.

My sister, mother and myself recently went on vacation to San Francisco and decided to take a day and explore Pier 39. As lunch time approached we knew we all wanted some sort of seafood. With so many options to choose from on the pier, me and my sister both knew we wanted something with shrimp.

We saw a sign posted along the pier for Bubba Gumps and thought it would be a good choice. Oh yes were we

right!

Upon entering the restaurant we saw a bench which was a replica from the movie Forrest Gump, that Tom Hanks sat on in the movie and we were able to sit on it and take photos with our feet placed in the shoes. Across the way there is also a Bubba Gump gift shop to buy souvenirs. The decor in the restaurant was really neat with signs and quotes from the movie all over. Licence plates that read run Forrest run and stop Forrest stop are used to get your servers attention.

We waited about 10-15 minutes to be seated, as there was a line but let me tell you the wait sure was worth it. Once we were seated we had a server ready to take our orders within seconds of sitting down. We ordered 2 watermelon lemonades and my mom ordered a strawberry mango chiller. the drinks were delicious and came in souvenir cups that we got to keep which was really cool.

We had a coupon for free chips and Bubbas far our dip (yum is all I can say about that dip.) Upon waiting for our food the server came and checked on us at least 5 or 6 different times asking if there was anything else he could get for us and informing us that our food would be out shortly. While ...

• Bubba Gump shrimp restaurant at Pier 39 in San Francisco Ca
      we waited he also made the experience of eating there fun by having us partake in a Forrest Gump quiz.

My mom ordered a salmon and veggie skillet, which she ate every last bite of.

My sister ordered the Shrimp Po’Boy a sandwich with fried shrimp on it. I ordered the stuffed shrimp which came with huge portion sizes of crab inside the shrimp. I think I died and went to heaven eating this, yes it was that good.

While eating the server came back at least another 5 times to check on us. (Some of the best customer service I have ever received while eating.) I made sure to tell the sever and

his manager that as well.

I did not finish all of my food and took it in a box to go the server asked if we needed our drinks to go,and additionally took our souvenir cups and rinsed them out for us so that we did not have to carry sticky cups.

A typical item on the menu ranges anywhere from $15-$30 dollars which can be a bit pricey, but remember you are on the pier and the experience you will get eating at Bubba Gumps is definitely worth it.

Bubba Gumps are located all over the nation and I can’t speak on the experience of eating at other locations, but the location on Pier 39 was great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 724071635850531/k2311a0724/7.24.14