Care One Cresskill Rehabilitation Center
2.5
221 County Road Cresskill, NJ 07626
  • With that in mind, there are definitely a few things I would like to point out
  • I think that brought him back to when he was young
  • He really enjoyed when they helped him try to walk in a walker
  • There are also several activities that the staff tries to get the patients involved in such as art projects and things to sell for fundraisers etc. Unfortunately there are a lot more cons than pros with this facility though
  • I could go on about the pros and cons of this place but what it boils down to is that there are many qualities typical of a nursing/rehab place, but if you want to put your loved one in a place that cares more about their patients than I would not recommend this facility

• by Crystal

We recently moved my 92 year old Grandfather out of this rehabilitation center and into a Care One top rated nursing home because he absolutely hated this facility. He would call us up every day telling us he had to move somewhere else and he would cry over and over again. Granted, he is elderly and what one might call a “tough” man to please but I can safely say there are some pros and cons about this place.

In defense of the Center, any elderly person used to be waited on hand and foot at home would have some trouble going to any nursing or rehab facility. It is a completely different lifestyle and obviously takes some getting used to. With that in mind, there are definitely a few things I would like to point out.

First I’ll mention the positive attributes. Their activities and dining services are decent. I’ve seen my Grandfather in their dining area while there’s elderly activities going on and he seemed pleased. He did mention that he loved

the days the DJ would come in and play the oldies for them. I think that brought him back to when he was young. He is wheelchair bound and the hallways were very easy to navigate through to get to the dining hall. The dining hall looked to me like a mini restaurant. Whenever I went to visit they were always accommodating if I asked for a cup of juice for my toddler.

Their rehab facility is very top of line. Even my Grandfather was very happy with their work. He said he looked forward every day to them coming to get him to bring him to rehab because the physical therapists were very nice and pushed him enough to get his muscles working without hurting him or pushing him too hard. He really enjoyed when they helped him try to walk in a walker. It made him feel like he was accomplishing something with their help.

art projects and things to sell for fundraisers etc. Unfortunately there are a lot more cons than pros with this facility though.

First of all, the most upsetting factor was that their social worker was absolutely ridiculous with returning phone calls. She would go literally weeks without calling us back after we left her several urgent messages. It seemed like the more interested we were in moving him to another facility, the more time it took her to get back to us. It seemed she was being selfish in wanting to keep my Grandfather there despite his unhappiness and the family’s insistence on moving him. When she did get back to us she was very nice about it but she wasn’t very helpful and it didn’t seem like she had my Grandfather’s best interest at heart.

After personally seeing the staff there I can definitely say there are some absolutely wonderful nurses and aids. Very friendly and personable and do care about my Grandfather. Unfortunately on the flip side I did see the other ...

• Care One Cresskill Rehabilitation Center
      side of the staff as well. I can tell that some of them really didn’t care about the patients’ well being and really only looked at it as a job and not a chance to help the elderly. The visitor’s station was the absolute worst. They provided me with minimal information and I always had to wait for them to finish their “leisure” conversations before they provided me with any ssistance. They especially were the least friendly of all. Interestingly enough, this was only true in the second wing they put him in. The first wing which required more intensive care seemed to be much nicer.

The food there was decent but again my grandfather is hard to please. Some meals he was happy with while others be barely took a bite of. When I did the weekly food menu choices with him he was much happier with his food but unfortunately the staff there wasn’t very helpful in assisting him with his food menu when I couldn’t make it there.

The most upsetting

factor of all was the doctor care there. When he was admitted he had gangrene in his foot and while we all saw improvement in it; there reached a time that they said it was healing on its own and he didn’t need his whirlpool baths anymore etc. By the time he left this facility his foot and ankle were swollen twice the size of the previous week and they didn’t even realize it. When he went into the next facility they called my father and told him that his gangrene was a chronic condition that was not going to heal on its own and further treatment was required. They were astounded that the other facility told him it would be ok to heal on its own.

I could go on about the pros and cons of this place but what it boils down to is that there are many qualities typical of a nursing/rehab place, but if you want to put your loved one in a place that cares more about their patients than I would not recommend this facility.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4123071635790231/k2311a0723/7.23.14