Ben Affleck (actor)
  • He either comes off as a little boring or like he doesn't fit at all
  • For example while the movie itself had a lot of flaws I absolutely hated his portrayal of Daredevil even though I believe the character had endless potential for an actor to work with
  • I think they even have two children together
  • I truly hope that Ben would move further away from acting and consider working permanently behind the camera

• by Redtape

The first time that I really remember seeing the actor Ben Affleck in anything was back when I was a teenager and saw the movie “Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back” on cable. I later went on to learn that he had actually been acting in movies since the early nineties and had appeared in a few fairly popular movies that I saw later on. Nevertheless despite his hard work and the length of time that he has been working, I just have not been able to tolerate his acting for years. I still can’t put my finger on why, even though I doubt it has ever been because he is a bad actor, which he isn’t.

Ben Affleck, whose

brother is Casey Affleck is one of those successful people in Hollywood whose parents were not really involved in the movie industry. However according to a few sources he seemed to get his love for the Arts since at one point before becoming a councillor, his father worked as a theatre manager, and by the time Ben was in his late teens he was surrounded by a lot of people who gravitated towards the Arts. One of these people was the actor Matt Damon with whom he was good friends as a child. Eventually, by the time the early nineties rolled around, he had gotten his first real movie roles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dazed and Confused.

I

tend to adore other artistic people who aren’t satisfied in staying in their comfort zone, and Ben Affleck is one of them. I admire him because while he started out acting, he didn’t just stop there and instead has tried his hand at screenwriting, directing and even producing. As a matter of fact one of his most recent movies that he directed, Argo won three Academy Awards and received Golden Globe nominations. He even helped to write the movie Good Will Hunting.

While I do think that he is multi-talented, I mentioned previously I’m not a very big fan of him as an actor and think that he would do better behind the scenes instead of in front of it.

• Ben Affleck (actor)
      I’m not sure if it has anything to do with his personality but seeing him play characters has never had much of an emotional impact on me. He either comes off as a little boring or like he doesn’t fit at all. For example while the movie itself had a lot of flaws I absolutely hated his portrayal of Daredevil even though I believe the character had endless potential for an actor to work with. However Ben managed to come off as stiff and one dimensional. I hated his performance so much that I am certainly not clutching my pearls in anticipation after hearing he was cast as the new Batman.

One thing that I can certainly give Ben kudos

for is that he has managed to stay married to Jennifer Garner for nearly ten years, which is an incredibly long time by Hollywood standards. I think they even have two children together. I’m also respectful of the fact that he seems to keep much of his and his family’s private life private which is also evident in the way that he views paparazzi’s interactions with his family. In one interview he stated that he was uncomfortable with them trying two take pictures of his children as he mentioned that it can’t be comfortable for them.

I truly hope that Ben would move further away from acting and consider working permanently behind the camera. He certainly has the talent and passion for it.

susan nowak says :

re : He either comes off as a little boring or like he doesn’t fit at all
I sorta agree with you, I use to think oh God not him, but after a few movies I actually watched and sat through I ended up liking him after all. the movie Michael, another one he did he went back to his childhood home for Christmas was good. And others. His acting gets better and better.

ReadingBug says :

Ben Affleck, to me, will always be one of those actors you will have to second guess it s unfortunate really because he won an Oscar for Good Will Hunting that he co-wrote. Clearly he is talented, but I think his movie choices have be so-so since Good Will Hunting. I think Ben Affleck is at his best when he is doing dramatic roles such as The Town. However, I must agree with everyone when they said he was not a good fit for the role of Batman vs. Superman. He was trying way too hard and it showed which has been the case for a lot of his poor performances overacting.

denez says :

He is good though did some bad movies in the past, his movie the accountant is the best super nice emotional

susan nowak says :

Also the movies where he is more serious are better ones smiles.

re : He either comes off as a little boring or like he doesn’t fit at all
I think Affleck does a wonderful job acting. He certainly has had some real duds, but you have got to expect a few with the tons of work he has done. One of his first gigs Dazed and Confused has put him into a status unrealized by most, the cult status. This movie alone places Affleck high on my favorite actors list.

Carol Houston says :

I really like Ben. I think that he is a very good actor. Sometimes the roles that he gets in some of the movies I think they just don’t fit him, but overall I do like to see him on the big screen. I wish he would get more parts playing like a cop or something, I think he would do really well in a part like that.

Jeff Thompson says :

re : For example while the movie itself had a lot of flaws I absolutely hated his portrayal of Daredevil even though I believe the character had endless potential for an actor to work with
Again I must raise objection. I thought his work on daredevil worked. It wasn’t my favorite, but who would have committed like Affleck? I think Ben could play just about anything and I would enjoy it.

re : I think they even have two children together
I was sorry to hear of their marriage woes that get aired out for the whole world. I thought the two were a good match and were gonna make it. Success certainly has its distinct disadvantages. Money and marriage rarely mix. I’m quite sure the children will still eat fine, but they will certainly miss their parents together. I personally would chose being poor than breaking up my family. So how much is all that money really worth?

Jeff Thompson says :

re : I truly hope that Ben would move further away from acting and consider working permanently behind the camera
I think Bens biggest role are yet to come. He continually punches and bobs in the hollywood scene. He has had a great deal of success behind the camera, but I believe his calling should continue being the leading man he is. I look forward to his next great film. He can pick and chose whatever he wants, I hope he stays with what works for him and his family.

cpy says :

I don’t know, he just lack the factor to make me want to continue watching him.

I mean he is handsome and act pretty well, but just… I don’t know, lack the factor to make me a fan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5223071635740231/k2311a0723/7.23.14