The LEGO Movie (2014)  » Movies  »
  • I have to say that at first my husband and I were afraid that we would not enjoy the movie all that much, but in the end I am pretty sure that my husband and I enjoyed it more than my kids did
  • In truth, I have to admit that it was the completely original animation that I found the best part of the movie

• by Jennifer davis

When my kids first heard about the LEGO Movie it was all they would talk about for weeks. I have to admit that even though I tried to act cool about it, I was pretty excited too. This movie had an all-star cast with everyone from Morgan Freeman to Liam Neeson and Chris Pratt to Will Farrell. Personally, I want to believe that the reason most of these actors agreed to do the movie was because they all played with LEGO’s as a child and it was about embracing their childhood. However, I am sure that they all got paid quite a bit to lend their voices to this movie.

First, I have to say that this movie is not for everyone. It is in

part a kid’s movie, but on the other hand it did have some adult references particularly toward the end that were meant to send a message to adults about embracing their inner child.

Without revealing too much of the plot, the LEGO Movie is about a LEGO person named Emmett (voiced by Chris Pratt) who is a builder for LEGO construction for the wonderful President Business (Will Farrell) who likes everything to look the same. However, little does he know that there is trouble and that he will be called upon to fulfill a prophecy by Vitruvuis (Morgan Freeman) to battle President Business and his evil henchman a LEGO with a rotating head called Good Cop/Bad Cop (Liam Neeson). The movie centers on how Emmett and his gang of LEGO heroes defeat President Business and his plan to destroy all the LEGO’s.

I have to say that at first my husband and I were afraid that we would not enjoy the movie all that much, but in the end I am pretty sure that my husband and I enjoyed it more than my kids did. It was like an animated LEGO Star-Wars and my husband and I saw a lot of different references to other movies (but I won’t tell you because there may be some of you who haven’t seen the movie yet).

I also thought that they did a great job of animating this movie. The graphics were exactly what I used to imagine as a child when I would ...

• The LEGO Movie (2014)
      play with my LEGO’s. It was very childish animation, but it was still very good graphics. The lines of the LEGO’s and the surrounding props were excellent. Even though it was purposely a little more imaginative than most other animated movies, it was completely original and that I was very thankful for. In truth, I have to admit that it was the completely original animation that I found the best part of the movie. I really appreciated that it was different and that the directors took the time to create something that was new and unique.

I appreciated that the creators did not try to make the LEGO characters any more than what they were. They did not add any fingers or try to make the

characters more lifelike. The characters look just like the LEGO characters did when I was a child and though they animated the characters to allow for movement of the mouth, there wasn’t much more than that.

That being said, my kids loved this movie because of the action. It was part western, part star-trek, and part my little ponies (yes there is a my little pony reference in this movie). They cheered heavily for Emmett to become the master builder in Vitruvius’ prophecy. They loved that there were Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman characters.

Overall, I rate this movie a 10. There really wasn’t anything about this movie that I didn’t like. My kids loved the animated action, and my husband and I enjoyed the simplicity of this movie.

Alex Villegas says :

re : In truth, I have to admit that it was the completely original animation that I found the best part of the movie
I agree the movie was very well put together i loved how they kept breaking the fourth wall (example when Emmet said`I think I heard a woosh’) and batman saying "its gonna make a bat and look really cool’.

dan says :

The animation was spot on, but i was expecting a little more for the story. In the end i found it dulled off. Hopefully they make a few more with a better story

Alicia Sprinkle says :

I do not like kid movies. I saw this movie and fell in love. The animation , songs and graphics where really cool. I felt my money was well spent after seeing the smile on my sons face :)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1121071635640431/k2311a0721/7.21.14