Failure to Launch dvd  » Movies  »
movies
  • I am not a big fan of SJP, but I do like Matthew McConaughey and I really enjoyed this movie
  • I think the whole street heard me laugh at the laughing lizard - it was really well done

• by loulou
      Failure to Launch stars Sarah Jessica Parker & Matthew McConaughey. I am not a big fan of SJP, but I do like Matthew McConaughey and I really enjoyed this movie.

I think the whole street heard me laugh at the laughing lizard - it was

really well done.

The basic story is that SJP plays Paula who ‘meets’ guys, pretends to have a relationship with them and so get them to leave home.

Matthew McConaughey plays Tripp a 30 odd guy who still lives with his parents played by Terry Bradshaw (ex NFL quarterback) & Kathy Bates.

His parents are at a BBQ with friends and one of the other couples reveal that their son has moved out of home - thanks to Paula, so they hire her.

Now it is a chick flick so, of course,

• Failure to Launch dvd
      she actually falls for him.

He also falls for her, but then discovers that his parents paid her to date him.

So they’re both miserable until their friends do something to get them back together.

Zooey Deschanel as Paula’s flatmate plays a great

role.

Tripps friends are played by Bradley Cooper & Justin Bartha as the hapless Ace who ends up with Paula’s flatmate.

No real surprises in the script, but an enjoyable feel good movie and as I said before just wait until you see the laughing lizard.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111605163550931/k2311a0516/5.16.07