Charlie Sheen (actor)
2.0
  • I always thought that Major League was interesting from the first time that I saw it on Disney, but when I saw Hot Shots when I was a little older and then watched the sequel, I was laughing so hard it nearly had me in tears
  • I thought that Charlie Sheen had a lot to do with the success of that particular movie since even though the movie was supposed to be a parody of war movies like Rambo, Sheen managed to keep a straight face and put his all into the movie
  • One of the reasons why I believe Charlie Sheen is so talented is because he’s a versatile actor
  • I know that he had gotten fired from the set of Two and a Half Men and then replaced because of his behaviour and his addictions that he just could not seem to reign in

• by Redtape

A little before his name became synonymous with substance abuse, Charlie Sheen was one of those actors whose movies I actually liked watching. I’d seen him play various roles and I couldn’t help thinking about how talented he was. These days, I mourn the loss of his talent as if he was actually dead, and hope that some day he will manage to defeat his demons, try to get clean and bounce back. I dread the day that I might actually read about him dying from a drug overdose or some illness that resulted from years of substance abuse.

In case you didn’t know, Charlie Sheen’s real name is actually Carlos Estevez. Before he became popular in movies like Platoon, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Wall Street; he attended Santa Monica High

School with the liked of Robert Downey Jr. even though I’m not sure if the two actually personally knew each other. His first role came in Red Dawn with Patrick Swayze and soon he began to get more and more coveted roles.

It took me some time to watch movies like Wall Street, so the first set of movies that I really saw Sheen in were the Major League movies back in the late eighties to early nineties, and then Hot Shots! I always thought that Major League was interesting from the first time that I saw it on Disney, but when I saw Hot Shots when I was a little older and then watched the sequel, I was laughing so hard it nearly had me in tears. I thought that Charlie

Sheen had a lot to do with the success of that particular movie since even though the movie was supposed to be a parody of war movies like Rambo, Sheen managed to keep a straight face and put his all into the movie. For some reason, the seriousness with which he played his character made it all the more hilarious and reminded me a little of some of the Leslie Neilson parodies such as Naked Gun.

One of the reasons why I believe Charlie Sheen is so talented is because he’s a versatile actor. He’s obviously good at comedy, since that was what I first really saw and loved him in. However, when I saw movies such as Red Dawn, Wall Street and Postmortem I was also able to acknowledge that he could ...

• Charlie Sheen (actor)
      play serious roles without hitch. I just feel that it’s a pity that he didn’t get some more weighty roles in the past a little after he had started out so that his body of work could have been stronger.

These days Sheen doesn’t do as much acting and frankly with all the allegations of his substance abuse I’m a little surprised that he is still alive especially at his age. This is especially since the last time I saw a video of him it was shocking because it looked as if he was wasting away. I know that he had gotten fired from the set of Two and a Half Men and then replaced because of his behaviour and his addictions that he just could not seem to reign in. I

also know there has been at least one accusation of domestic violence against him, and that he had a meltdown at one point that went viral on the internet where he was hallucinating and talking gibberish.

Despite all the bad there is to talk about Charlie Sheen, what I don’t hear many people talking about is his charity work. I know that at one point he contributed a certain sum of money to fund Breast Cancer research. He also participated in raising money for victims of the last major earthquake in Japan after it occurred.

While most people seem to have given up on Charlie Sheen, I truly hope that the improbable happens and bounces back and amazes everyone. I’m giving him a four because of his drug abuse over the years.

Alex says :

re : I know that he had gotten fired from the set of Two and a Half Men and then replaced because of his behaviour and his addictions that he just could not seem to reign in
I’m not sure, if he had gotten fired. Who would fire the goose that laid the golden eggs? Two and a Half Man with Charlie Sheen was one of the most successful TV show in the history and became dead with Ashton Kutcher. All of the real life scandals made show just more popular, because this is what the show was about - successful troublemaker Charlie Harper (or should we say Sheen?), always the winner.

Personally, I don’t care about his addictions.
Almost every day during many years I watch episodes of Two and Half Man. Different locations, different channels, different languages, but always positive emotions. Not to mention helpful solutions for real life issues. That’s all I care about.

This is his life. And at least he doesn’t lie, pretending to be good. I wish more public persons would be brave enough being honest about themselves, especially politics. No doubt the world would be better then.

Anyway, thank you Charlie Sheen for so many smiles you put on my face. Hope for more, so take care of yourself )

redtape replies :

Don’t get me wrong Alex, I’m not trying to be a prude. I’m just concerned about him is all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5215071635490531/k2311a0715/7.15.14