Homemade Flamez Hot Pepper Sauce
  • Therefore, when I saw that there was a new local brand of hot pepper sauce that I hadn’t tried before, I decided to buy it
  • As if that experience wasn’t enough to teach me, about two or so weeks later when I was cooking a pot of food for four people, I made the stupid mistake of thinking that the pepper wouldn’t be so hot if I put the same amount in the pot of food
  • The last one I bought has been here for weeks and it still tastes just as fresh as it tasted when I just got it

• by Redtape

I am one of those people who likes putting hot pepper sauce on nearly everything I eat from hot dogs, to sandwiches to lasagne. Therefore, when I saw that there was a new local brand of hot pepper sauce that I hadn’t tried before, I decided to buy it. It was a little less expensive than my usual one, and held a lot more. However, when I took a good look at it and could literally see some of the natural ingredients, I was even convinced that it would taste better than my usual brand. I wasn’t wrong.

So far, I’ve seen Homemade Flamez Hot Pepper Sauce come in two colours, which are red and yellow in a transparent glass bottle. On the side of the bottle is the list of ingredients which claims that

the active ingredient which gives the sauce its spicy taste is real Jamaican scotch bonnet peppers. Below that it advises users to add just a few drops to cooked meals to give it a certain spicy flavour whether it be stir fry, soups or meats. It also gives the nutritional information, which is not really much, as well as it encourages the user finally to shake the bottle well before use.

My tolerance for pepper has increased dramatically over the years even though I started out not liking it in my food any at all. This is why I generally add lots of hot pepper sauce to food when using my old brand, and I was silly enough to think that it would work the same with this one. Even though the label of

Homemade Flamez Hot Pepper Sauce told me to add just a few drops, I decided to taste it first on a burger and add a little more than “just a few drops”. I was in for a dirty surprise. It was the hottest hot pepper sauce I had ever tasted in my entire life and more than a few drops made me feel like I had put layers of hell in my burger. I was a mix of mortified and pained as it blazed its way down, and when it hit my stomach, all I could think of was that I needed to wash it out.

As if that experience wasn’t enough to teach me, about two or so weeks later when I was cooking a pot of food for four people, I made ...

• Homemade Flamez Hot Pepper Sauce
      the stupid mistake of thinking that the pepper wouldn’t be so hot if I put the same amount in the pot of food. I couldn’t have been more wrong and had two people asking me if I was trying to kill them.

The reason why I keep buying this is because, despite the potency of the pepper, the sauce really does have an extremely good flavour. When I put enough of it in something so that it doesn’t burn too much, it gives it such a wonderful spicy flavour that I honestly have to wonder if it really is just scotch bonnet peppers in it. For example, I made a lasagne sauce from scratch and I put just two drops in it and people were dying to know what my secret ingredient was. I

didn’t even use many ingredients in the sauce a part from this one, and I was very careful that no one tasted much pepper.

The same goes for some baked chicken that I did. I completely forgot to buy some of the ingredients that I was planning on using and the sauce ended up tasting a little bland, but when I added just three drops of this it boosted the flavour.

One last thing about this product is that it doesn’t spoil very easily even though it’s being used very slowly because of its potency. The last one I bought has been here for weeks and it still tastes just as fresh as it tasted when I just got it.

If you’re a lover of hot pepper sauce like me, Homemade Flamez Hot Pepper Sauce will blow your mind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2014. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2715071635450531/k2311a0715/7.15.14