Athabasca University Alberta Canada  » Education  »
Alberta, Canada
  • I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone

• by Northern Woman
      I have been taking distance education courses through Athabasca University for almost ten years, at both the undergraduate and graduate level. Since I live in a small northern town, it has been very important to me to have the same level of access to post secondary education as

those who live in urban areas.

The course price includes your text books, toll free access to your tutor, and the shipping and receiving of Library resources.

The support services for students are also wonderful and have been specifically designed to meet the unique needs of distance ...

• education students.

When I first started taking coures, they were traditional correspondence courses where I only interacted with my tutor.

Now that I am in the Master of Distance Education program, we are using Moodle - an online learning management system that is very easy to use.

Not only do I have access to my instructor, but now I can interact with my peers as well.

I have taken distance education courses with other institutions (primarily those who do not specialize in distance education) and there is no comparison to Athabasca.

I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501605163530931/k2311a0516/5.16.07